Congressional hearing thread

rangercal

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 12:48 PM)
What would Frank and Curt (and whomever else) have to do while they are on this task force?

I'm sure Rep Davis will inform them when they appear, that's when he'll have them sworn in to be part of the taskforce.

Frank...gettin his MFin Props!!

QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 12:49 PM)
Ummm... I don't think I like that. Players should not be put into a position to tattle on other players. An independent pannel should be formed. People with nothing to gain from outing, or hiding, the players using.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I really think it could put active players on this taskforce in a sticky predicament.

QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 01:49 PM)
Ummm... I don't think I like that. Players should not be put into a position to tattle on other players. An independent pannel should be formed. People with nothing to gain from outing, or hiding, the players using.

Maybe I misunderstood...is that what they would be doing? I thought they would be the face of 'Don't do roids' via television and so forth.

QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 12:49 PM)

As I am proud of Frank to be asked to be part of this taskforce...

I do share your concern on what consequences this could create between players.

Does that make Frank the clubhouse Narc?

I guess we should wait and hear the exact details on what they expect from him and Curt.

Edited by RibbieRubarb

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 12:52 PM)
Maybe I misunderstood...is that what they would be doing?  I thought they would be the face of 'Don't do roids' via television and so forth.

A task force investigating roid usage... sounds to me like they would be responsible for investigating and reporting their findings to congress.

I agree with your comments about Pellman. However, I think he just said somthing that gives us a clue as to what Selig will say. He said he would recommend to MLB that the Minor league policy is the best because it was implemented without negotiations. Selig is going to blame the union for not allowing MLB to institute the policy they wanted.

Schilling would have a tough choice to make:

Take the position

Ruin his position as head of the players' union

Increase his chances of getting into politics after his playing days

Don't accept it

Keep in favor with the players and the union

Possibly blackball himself from a future in politics

Edited by knightni

QUOTE(ptatc @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 12:56 PM)
I agree with your comments about Pellman. However, I think he just said somthing that gives us a clue as to what Selig will say. He said he would recommend to MLB that the Minor league policy is the best because it was implemented without negotiations. Selig is going to blame the union for not allowing MLB to institute the policy they wanted.

Both sides are assholes.. but I lean more towards the players being at fault for the sissy drug policy.