Congressional hearing thread

rangercal

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 02:01 PM)
Too lazy to read 20 pages.  Any players actually get grilled yet?  If so, who was it and what did they say? Thx.

Not yet...coming soon....the committee before them is wrapping up

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 01:09 PM)
Thx, I'll be back in 2 hours then.

Is McGuire there?  He's Irish right?  Spending St. Patty's in court, gotta love it.

Players start in 10 minutes

Testing for high school athletes seems like a no-brainer to me. When I played high school football, & swimming we were required to pass physicals. The school didn't administer it but we had to have the paperwork from our physicians to be eligible to play those sports. It seems like a no-brainer to me to simply include blood testing for not just doping but also std's & blood related diseases in these physicals for high school athletes.

It seems to me that this would help greatly with those kids who grow an additiction to doping.

Aside:

They only made a special case for Thomas. All the rest have to appear in person. Big Frank via tele-conferencing from Tucson.

Maybe Sosa doesn't understand the full range of substances that fall under doping.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 01:10 PM)
Testing for high school athletes seems like a no-brainer to me.  When I played high school football, & swimming we were required to pass physicals.  The school didn't administer it but we had to have the paperwork from our physicians to be eligible to play those sports.  It seems like a no-brainer to me to simply include blood testing for not just doping but also std's & blood related diseases in these physicals for high school athletes.

It seems to me that this would help greatly with those kids who grow an additiction to doping. 

Aside:

They only made a special case for Thomas.  All the rest have to appear in person.  Big Frank via tele-conferencing from Tucson. 

Maybe Sosa doesn't understand the full range of substances that fall under doping.

This a great point however the reality comes down to cost. With the trouble most state's schools are in, who is going to pay for it. The testing process and the lab fees are not cheap.

from the cub board :

"No matter my feelings on Sammy leaving, and wearing out his welcome in Chicago, I've ALWAYS said that there are two things we have ZERO proof of, and I'll stick by them.

1. That he hit his first wife with a rum bottle.

2. That he took steroids.

We'll find out for sure later on if he was lying or telling the truth, but till we get solid proof, everything is speculation."

:bang :lolhitting