would mac be in trouble?

toasty

QUOTE(toasty @ Mar 18, 2005 -> 12:38 AM)
Wasn't andro legal when mac was using it? Why would it really matter if he used it if it were legal then?

Mac would not be in trouble for using andro back then. The reason he didn't "admit" to using andro today is because he was following the advice of counsel and not saying anything, about anything, that had any substance whatsoever.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 18, 2005 -> 08:05 AM)
McGwire wouldn't be in trouble for Andro, as A it wasn't illegal then, and B wasn't banned by baseball then.

Its the "other" stuff people are interested in.

True. However, if his attorney instructed him to evade answering any question of substance (pardon the pun), he would not even come close to doing so. Think about it. When people do have to invoke the fifth, the usually won't answer any question beyond confirmation of their name.

Edited by YASNY

QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 18, 2005 -> 09:06 AM)
True. However, if his attorney instructed him to evade answering any question of substance (pardon the pun), he would not even come close to doing so.  Think about it.  When people do have to invoke the fifth, the usually won't answer any question beyond confirmation of their name.

I don't think Mac needed to "counsel of his attorney" to decide not to answer any questions. It doesn't take a lawyer to tell you if you used and want to avoid questions about it, take the 5th.

QUOTE(sircaffey @ Mar 18, 2005 -> 09:23 AM)
I don't think Mac needed to "counsel of his attorney" to decide not to answer any questions.  It doesn't take a lawyer to tell you if you used and want to avoid questions about it, take the 5th.

A dollar to a donut his attorney instructed him in the regard.

In Canseco's book, he believes the whole Andro thing was a hoax, to have people think that was what he was doing. It would draw attention away from steroids. Canseco says that if you are doing steroids, you would not do Andro.

Kind of makes sense to me. Plant that in your locker, and people go, oh, he uses a supplement for working out...

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Mar 18, 2005 -> 03:53 PM)
In Canseco's book, he believes the whole Andro thing was a hoax, to have people think that was what he was doing.  It would draw attention away from steroids.  Canseco says that if you are doing steroids, you would not do Andro.

Kind of makes sense to me.  Plant that in your locker, and people go, oh, he uses a supplement for working out...

That's an interesting angle I'd never thought about, but Canseco is speculating. I know guys who have used Roids and then use other supplements to try to maintain, so that they don't have to always be on juice. One thing I've learned about roids, is that for every guy who tell you to use them one way, you'll fidn another guy who tells you that you are doing it all wrong. That's part of the danger.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 18, 2005 -> 10:59 AM)
That's an interesting angle I'd never thought about, but Canseco is speculating.  I know guys who have used Roids and then use other supplements to try to maintain, so that they don't have to always be on juice. One thing I've learned about roids, is that for every guy who tell you to use them one way, you'll fidn another guy who tells you that you are doing it all wrong. That's part of the danger.

I think Canseco's view says that you should give your liver a break after the steroids cycle. So doing Andro does not make sense to HIM.

Yeah, everyone has a different story on how to take roids...its scary to think, who is right? I guess maybe you shouldn't take them :bang

Andro was legal when he was using it so he's in the clear.

If he were to talk about other players using roid it would raise suspicion of his own usage of roids & that would jeapordize him. That's what the comm wanted him to do & he refused.

In the same context why didn't Sammy & Palmeiro have to face the same questions? Schilling was asked a similar question & he either answered 5 to 10 or 10 to 15 guys he knew were using that he played with. This was in stark contrast to his quotes in 2002.

But Sammy & Palmy never had to answer that question & Frank of course was not asked it. Why the double standard to protect Sammy?

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Mar 18, 2005 -> 10:58 AM)
Schilling was asked a similar question & he either answered 5 to 10 or 10 to 15 guys he knew were using that he played with.  This was in stark contrast to his quotes in 2002. 

BTW.. the feed was distorted at work yesterday so when I watched it last night I made sure to listen for that part and he did say 5-10 so I wanted to make sure I told you that I was incorrect in saying the said 10-15.

IIRC andro was not illegal when it was "found" in McGwires locker, and also IIRC he never denied using that supplement. Bases on his non testimony at the hearing I get the firm impression that he was using a hell of a lot more than that and would not admit to it. He took a major hit and the whole thing actually made me feel a little bit sorry for him.