Mediocrity

Jim Fainter

stewarty pitched very well today..in that fateful 3 run inning..maggs misplayed a fly ball to RF...carlos misplayed a fly ball to LF...both of those should have went for out...then jimenez runs into jose on 1-6-3 DP attempt that got no out when it was an easy 2...stewart had to get 7 outs that innings...giving up only runs was excellent..i really like how after the DP was blown he went out and got the next two hitters without letting any more runs score...thats the sign of a pitcher that wont s*** his pants at the first sign of trouble

we are playing pretty bad baseball right now...this team in the KW era seems to have a stretch of about a month to 6 weeks were they have their heads stuck up their asses....there is a difference this year though...despite the fact that we are playing like s*** , maggs frank , pauly and lee are not playing to their abilities and rowand is completely lost at the plate , we are winning..we have a 7-6 record..

in '01 we were playing poorly and started 4-17 before getting hot and finishing the season with 83 wins..i remember everyone saying if we just played 500 ball in april we could have won the division...in '02 after a hot start we had our month long slump from about mid-may to the end of june...again if we could ahve played 500 ball during that stretch we could have challenged the twinkies...if this is our "bad stretch" then what we need to do is exactly what we are doing now...play 500 or a little above baseball..we all know frank , pauly and maggs will start to hit..and when they do we will score runs in bunches...wejust need to keep getting quality starts and some timely hits from jose . crede and d'angelo until the big boys heat up....then we make our run...

the fact that we are playing like s*** and still winning has my more optomistic then before the season started..even if we are beating up on the bottom feeders...in our slumps the last 2 years we couldnt even accomplish that..so this is an improvement

Well my boy DAng looked great at the plate.  What mistake did Jose and D'ang make in the field.  I missed about two innings of the game early on.  Jimenez is so impressive at the plate though  :D

well he kinda zigged when jose zagged and they crossed eachother at 2.. could have been an out but......well, it wasnt jose cut in front of him and dropped the ball ..........mark it down as a lesson learned..........i hope

That play was one thing:

D'angelo doiing what he was supposed to and

St. JosE6 being his usual self

nope..much easier to turn the 1-6-3 than the 1-4-3...thats the SS play..he is coming accross the bag towards first...remember how many times when baldwin was here hawk used to say baldwin was such a bad fielder he still hasnt turned a 1-6-3 dp??..and then when he finally turned one everyone gave him a sarcastic slap on the back in the dugout??..

Well my boy DAng looked great at the plate.  What mistake did Jose and D'ang make in the field.  I missed about two innings of the game early on.  Jimenez is so impressive at the plate though  :D

well he kinda zigged when jose zagged and they crossed eachother at 2.. could have been an out but......well, it wasnt jose cut in front of him and dropped the ball ..........mark it down as a lesson learned..........i hope

That play was one thing:

<span style='font-family:Impact'>St. JosE6</span> being his usual self

nope..much easier to turn the 1-6-3 than the 1-4-3...thats the SS play..he is coming accross the bag towards first...remember how many times when baldwin was here hawk used to say baldwin was such a bad fielder he still hasnt turned a 1-6-3 dp??..and then when he finally turned one everyone gave him a sarcastic slap on the back in the dugout??..

does St JosE6 pay you, :huh:

or is it really true love? :wub:

enquiring minds want to know! :lol:

That play was one thing:

St. JosE6 being his usual self

does you hatred for jose keep you from seeing things objectively??.

who hates St JosE6? I sing his song all the time at the Cell!

Someone has lost their sense of humor!

Tip: when there is a :lol: that means it is a funny!

But in my opinion, ValentinE6 richly deserved the error he earned on that play, as I noted in the game thread.

but a funny :lol: is a funny :lol: and you need a good drink! :cheers

who hates St JosE6? I sing his song all the time at the Cell!

Someone has lost their sense of humor!

Tip: when there is a :lol: that means it is a funny!

But in my opinion, ValentinE6 richly deserved the error he earned on that play, as I noted in the game thread.

but a funny :lol: is a funny :lol: and you need a good drink! :cheers

what are you talking about????

yo, dude, friend, you accused me of hating Jose when I was making a joke - please no one hates anyone here ok? 

If the joke failed to be made well, would be my fault and just forget it.

i was just disagreeing that i thought its much easier to turn the 1-6-3 instead of the 1-4-3...sorry

yo, dude, friend, you accused me of hating Jose when I was making a joke - please no one hates anyone here ok? 

i was just disagreeing that i thought its much easier to turn the 1-6-3 instead of the 1-4-3...sorry

I hope tomorrow Olvio starts off a 2-6-3 and then Kornerko turns a 3-5-4 (or at least a 3-4-5) and CLee does an 7 with an 7-5-4 to end an inning.

My scorecard needs new interetsing combinations. :lol:

Everything was hit on the head here....nothing more to say really.

Thomas just missed a homer in the 8th....got a little under it. And in Comiskey...I'd have to think that ball is atleast very close to being gone.

We got lucky when Bocachica dropped that ball....but played bad fundamental baseball when Aaron was thrown out at second. You are supposed to go half way on flyballs like that....you learn that in little league. He obvioulsy didn't, because if he had gone half way, the instant that ball hits the heel of Bocachica's glove and bounces around....Rowand is off to 2nd and we have the bases loaded with no outs.

Also....we got really f***ing unlucky in the 3rd or 4th when Graffy lined to first for a double play. A matter of inches to Paquette's right, and Lee makes it back to 1st....a foot to the right of Paquette, and we have 2 runs on the board....it sucks when that kind of stuff happens....but it happens.

We were going to lose to them eventually...and the Twins will too....as will the Royals, Indians, and practically every other team in the league. We just happened to hand them their first win....no big deal. If this were to happen in June....no one would have cared. It just would have been another loss. If our players get down because of this loss....then we may as well give up.

Damn...can't even use one of the fun new buttons to describe this loss...maybe a classic :puke would work

I hope tomorrow Olvio starts off a 2-6-3 and then Kornerko turns a 3-5-4 (or at least a 3-4-5) and CLee does an 7 with an 7-5-4 to end an inning.

My scorecard needs new interetsing combinations. :lol:

eric karros tried to make a 6-3-5 dp with a runner on 2nd for the scrubs...but he threw the bal laway and the scrubs lost :lolhitting

Thinks to remember, since the KC series, the Sox are 6-2.

Carlos seems to be settling down and going for the base hit rather than the home run. 3 solid hits today. So far this series, he's booted his average up nearly 60 points.

Big Frank is drawing walks. 2 today and hes getting on base.

We got more than 10 hits in the game - and that isn't that shabby.

Detroit was aching for a win, and their offense actually showed signs of life yesterday. We just got lucky. When they hit the ball, they were hitting it hard. Yesterday, a lot of the shots to the outfield didn't fall in the gaps. Today they did.

We lost a game to Detroit, but we still have a big edge on the Twins, Tribe and Tigers.

When the only team ya need to worry about this week is the Royals, it ain't a bad week.

Watched the game today on WGN. Only the third time I have seen the Sox this young season, which SUCKS. I was disappointed in our big hitters in the number 3-4-5 spots. We left 14 runners on base when it appeared the Kitty Kats just wanted to give us the game. I couldn't believe it. I thought Josh Stewart did reasonably well and in fact struck out 6 meow meows. That homer he gave up was a pretty sad pitch though. That curve just hung up there begging to get hit and it did. As for Rowand I was very impressed with his throw to home plate that nailed a runner. Josh Paul did a good job too on the play. I don't want to blame Jerry Manuel and as has been said many times the season is young. I just want to see some consistency develop and not in August or September when it's to late.

When Graff hits a perfectly placed ball that turns into a double play, you know it's just not your day. Oh well, it happens. See ya tomorrow Tiggers.

That'd be about the only way to say it....it just wasn't your day.

All teams have days like it.

We didn't play particularily bad, and they didn't play particularily good...but they won. That's life.