BMI talk from Congressional hearings thread

Steff

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26.3BMI, 75.2 expectancy

Significantly overweight, meaning you are at significant risk for obesity-related illnesses such as heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke, diabetes and cancer.

I gave you my stats above, & I have been able to bench near 210 3 times in about 6 minutes. 2 minutes rest between each lift. I don't use my own wt for exercising. I start & about 1/2 that wt & try to do 3 reps of 8-12 lifts. It all depends on how I feel. I don't lift to build just to remain healthy. The bench my own wt think is mostly a psychological goal. I figure as long as I can do it at least twice in the span of 5 minutes I'm as strong as my father was.

To drop to normal I have to get to 199. That would put me at 24.9 BMI.

To be smack in the middle of normal I have to get to 179. That's ridiculous. But the 199 seems reasonable. I imagine myself getting there as I get older when I don't expect to like food as much as I do now ;)

Assuming I don't fall victim to accidental death I expect to surpass that life expectancy with cyborg technology. I won't even be nearing the age of retirement when that becomes a reality to a longer life.

QUOTE(T R U @ Mar 19, 2005 -> 02:04 AM)
Im like that too...

im 6'1 210 and my waist is 34

but when I do a BMI test it says that I am obese because of the fact it doesnt take in account muscle or stuff like that, so its not the best tool

That's hardly the same thing, it's a 30 lb. difference. I'm thin, you're big. I'd be happy at a lean, muscular 195 lbs. But hey, it beats being fat, especially when I look at other men my age.

23 BMI, life exp. 81.6.

Edited by LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 19, 2005 -> 02:59 PM)
That's hardly the same thing, it's a 30 lb. difference. I'm thin, you're big.  I'd be happy at a lean, muscular 195 lbs. But hey, it beats being fat, especially when I look at other men my age.

23 BMI, life exp. 81.6.

well i was talking about eating whatever without gaining weight..

my weight I was using for my BMI example