Advice on seat locations in The Cell

FlaCWS

I am buying tickets to a game and there are two possible locations that I'm considering. Both are about the same price. I've never been to a game at U.S. Cellular so I'm wondering if someone can give me their opinion on which location is better.

The two options are:

1. Upper level, behind home plate (slightly toward third base), row 10

2. Lower level, well down right field line, row 30

I tend to prefer the seats behind home plate, but I've heard that the upper level at the Cell is quite far back. I appreciate any advice.

QUOTE(FlaCWS @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 03:27 AM)
I am buying tickets to a game and there are two possible locations that I'm considering. Both are about the same price. I've never been to a game at U.S. Cellular so I'm wondering if someone can give me their opinion on which location is better.

The two options are:

I tend to prefer the seats behind home plate, but I've heard that the upper level at the Cell is quite far back. I appreciate any advice.

if i had a choice, i would take the upper deck. those are right on top the of game and you have the whole field in your vision. row 30 on the rf is pretty far up.

I'd personally go with the UD tix, behind home plate, but that's personal preference.

I'd say the overall seat location of the UD tix would be better than that of the right field line, but sitting on the lower concourse is a lot better than sitting in the upper deck. However, that's not to say the Upper Deck is bad, because it certainly isn't. I'm just saying that the amenities on the lower 'course seem to be better than that of the upper deck.

But, I'd still say the seat would be better in the UD behind home plate.

I'd take UD behind the plate over LD down the line anytime, except when I have my daughter, cuz she likes to roam the concourse.

Favorite attraction for a 5-year-old girl?

The drinking fountains! What else would it be???

HA! I love that kid!!! She cracks me up!

QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 03:46 AM)
I'd take UD behind the plate over LD down the line anytime, except when I have my daughter, cuz she likes to roam the concourse.

Favorite attraction for a 5-year-old girl?

The drinking fountains! What else would it be???

HA! I love that kid!!! She cracks me up!

They are great at that age. The best is yet to come. :rolly

I would take any seat in the LD over the UD any day of the week. The upper concourse is not as good and the seats are not great up there. The lower concourse as well as the outfield concourse is what makes the park what it is. Plus you dont want to be looking straight down all game

QUOTE(FlaCWS @ Mar 20, 2005 -> 11:39 PM)
Thanks everyone for the replies. One other question... what about the club level? Can you get to the lower concourse from there?

Club Level rocks....lot of food options, servers in the seats, an actual bar with any kind of drink you can imagine (once saw build your own bloody mary). Also, if its too hot/too cold, you can warm up/cool down inside. Also, you do have access to the lower level. And the best thing about it.....not beer lines or lines for the bathroom. :cheers

QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 07:09 AM)
They are great at  that age.  The best is yet to come.  :rolly

First I hear about Buerhle, now you remnind me that my kid's gonna be a TEENAGED GIRL someday waaaaay too soon.....you tryin' to KILL ME??????

:P :D

Just enjoying every minute right now. Not thinking about that other stuff.... :)

QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 01:51 PM)
First I hear about Buerhle, now you remnind me that my kid's gonna be a TEENAGED GIRL someday waaaaay too soon.....you tryin' to KILL ME??????

:P  :D

Just enjoying every minute right now. Not thinking about that other stuff.... :)

LMAO. Great, funny post!

QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 01:51 PM)

:P  :D

Wait you mean that kids are work? Why didn't anyone tell me this before??? :crying

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 02:03 PM)
Its been 2 weeks and a day since we found out initally, and it has already begun. :P

All kidding aside, you'll never do anything that means as much or is as important to you. Being a father a is wonderful thing. Just be sure you have your priorities straight.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 02:15 PM)
All kidding aside, you'll never do anything that means as much or is as important to you.  Being a father a is wonderful thing.  Just be sure you have your priorities straight.

Best thing in the world! :headbang

QUOTE(FlaCWS @ Mar 20, 2005 -> 09:27 PM)

The two options are:

section 159 row two is nice :D

QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 02:15 PM)
All kidding aside, you'll never do anything that means as much or is as important to you.  Being a father a is wonderful thing.  Just be sure you have your priorities straight.

:headbang

Absolutely correct!

and 2K5, learn this phrase....know it....LIVE it.....

"It's not about ME anymore"

:lol:

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 03:41 PM)
Take the lower deck seats, then you can go anywhere in the park you'd like. You can even go up to those UD seats and sit there if you find that you like them better. At least this way, you're not confined to anything.

Good idea, but I'd add that it depends on how you prefer to spend the time.

If you'd prefer to just sit and watch the game, the UD might be the way to go.

If you want to experience all the park has to offer, the LD is the choice.

Either way, a day or night at the ballpark beats almost any other way to spend a summer day.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 02:03 PM)
Its been 2 weeks and a day since we found out initally, and it has already begun. :P

On the good side, from the age 3 or so children can be trained to get beers from the fridge for dad. Mine was very proud of herself at first but tired of it after about 20 years.