Buerhle Injury Update

quickman

If the ligament is torn it will be two months. He will need to rehab after it heals. This is not good for two reasons, One is he is pitching great, the other is we play division rivals the first month and need a decent start. As good as bmac has been, he is still 21 and will be very nervous playing in a big stadium agiasnt division rivals.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(quickman @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 12:52 AM)
If the ligament is torn it will be two months. He will need to rehab after it heals. This is not good for two reasons, One is he is pitching great, the other is we play division rivals the first month and need a decent start. As good as bmac has been, he is still 21 and will be very nervous playing in a big stadium agiasnt division rivals.

Ok lets go with the broken foot then. :lol:

All in all it's a huge oppurtunity for B-Mac, one that I'm sure he never saw coming when he started off the year at low A with Kanny last season. It's a worrying sign he hasn't made more than 8 starts at a level higher than B-Ham, but lets hope he can fill in nicely.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 02:22 PM)
Ok, someone get the story straight please.

How did it happen?

what is the injury excatly?

MRI yet?  if not, when?

whatever time frame they give us, you can tack on 2 more weeks to it.

I'm gonna be sick.

you know I resent the fact that you think the story is not correct. Let me try english this time. preliminary report as indicated by Bruce Levine states that buerhle has either a torn ligiment or a break in the foot. they do not know anything else, and he was told that he will miss the opener and be out 2-6 weeks depending on the severity, which they will update today. For those of you who would rather hear the same report on your own please log onto www.am1000.com. then you can report to others the straight story.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 08:29 AM)
Way to quickly hedge your bets, Bruce :bang

Yea.. no kidding. What a effing idiot.

From someone that saw the incident, Mark went down in way more pain than if it was just a broken bone, FWIW.