Buerhle Injury Update

quickman

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 02:39 PM)
FWIW, the score just reported that he has ligament damage near his big toe on his foot, I think were definitely in the wait and see stage of this injury since NO ONE KNOWS what the injury even is!!!!

No we are not, just heard Williams on ESPN 1000- Its a break and he said he is out 4-6 weeks. From the man.

QUOTE(quickman @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 08:40 AM)
nope BMAC will come north and be the fifth pitcher. In my opiinion thats why he pitched 6 innings yesterday. they new this yesterday.

Well then, I hope BMac is truly ready. Then when Buerhle comes back, and Bmac has been dazzling, they can send Contreras to the pen or trade him.

Edited by southsider17

QUOTE(quickman @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 08:40 AM)
nope BMAC will come north and be the fifth pitcher. In my opiinion thats why he pitched 6 innings yesterday. they new this yesterday.

So which is it.. your opinion.. or he is coming..?

QUOTE(quickman @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 01:42 AM)
No we are not, just heard Williams on ESPN 1000- Its a break and he said he is out 4-6 weeks. From the man.

So what it's about 2 weeks approx until Opening Day. So Buerhle could miss only about 2 to 4 weeks of time in that scenario? That seems to best case one to me.

QUOTE(southsider17 @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 08:37 AM)
You think (if he'll be out 4 to 6 weeks) that they'll put Hermanson in the rotation and not mess with the development of BMac (though he sure looks ready)?

Its too late for that. They would have had to been upping his innings a couple of weeks ago, and they never have. Good thought though.

QUOTE(quickman @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 08:45 AM)
Both, my opinion was first and levine just said Bmac is now in the rotation. I am so glad I know baseball.

Yes.. thank God. What would we do around here without your contributions..

QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 01:45 AM)
No offense to you Brandon.. but this is a mistake IMO.

Are there any better alternatives though? I guess the Sox have to decide if its worth to have short - term gain that could sacrifice some long - term gain.

QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 02:45 PM)
No offense to you Brandon.. but this is a mistake IMO.

it maybe steff, but he is the best we have right now, they could go with a four man for the first two weeks. Bmac's has many options left, and the free agaent clsock starts ticking when he comes north. Also he is very young. They may just try a four man. We will know later.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 08:47 AM)
Are there any better alternatives though? I guess the Sox have to decide if its worth to have short - term gain that could sacrifice some long - term gain.

Nope.

I know this is the only choice.. I just don't feel good about it.

QUOTE(quickman @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 08:48 AM)
it maybe steff, but he is the best we have right now, they could go with a four man for the first two weeks. Bmac's has many options left, and the free agaent clsock starts ticking when he comes north. Also he is very young. They may just try a four man. We will know later.

A four man rotation with those two fourty year old cubans? I thought you said you knew baseball?!?!

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 02:50 PM)
A four man rotation with those two fourty year old cubans? I thought you said you knew baseball?!?!

Don't be so quick, they have days off the first two weeks, they would actually be working on five days rest. now think about it.