Diamondbacks @ Sox Spring training game

3E8

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 04:15 PM)
Indeed.  It looks like his weak ground-outs from last season are back in full-force.  He hasn't even earned a roster spot in my opinion.  Ozuna deserves Willie's spot and Willie should be traded.  I'd rather carry a 12th pitcher than Willie.

I agree, I know there are going to be 50 people who disagree with this, but Willie has been outplayed by several of the invitees. I think Osuna just stole his spot, and actually plays the left side of the infield. Goodbye willie

I agree, I know there are going to be 50 people who disagree with this, but Willie has been outplayed by several of the invitees.  I think Osuna just stole his spot, and actually plays the left side of the infield.  Goodbye willie

Yep, and that is the key. Ozuna can play 2B, SS, AND some 3B. Willie can play some SS. He can also play CF but we don't really need him there with our glut of outfielders. I wouldn't be surprised if Kenny deals Willie soon.

Edited by Jabroni

Still only 3-0? I don't worry about Freddy.

Here's my take on ST in general:

For Vets you look at what they did the season before. If they had a good year you kind of ignore whatever they do in ST. If they had a bad year or coming of an injury you expect to see improvement.

Garcia had a pretty good year so I trust the player to be ready for the opener. Contreras had a bad year so I expect to see improvement.

I trust in El Duque & Garland is just Jon. You hope for improvement but nothing in ST is going to give you a read on the regular season with him.

It's all mental.

Anyways, relax. Garcia will be fine for opening day. I think he knows he'll need a quality start to beat Westbrook. I'm sure he'll be ready for it.

Widger hits a hard shot to the 3rd baseman but he makes the play. Hawk keeps hyping up Widger's bat this Spring. It seems that Hawk knows Widger won't make our roster but he wants to help him get a job with another team.

Ryan Sweeney strikes out. Sox lose, 5-4.

Edited by Jabroni

Just signed on. I am really pleased with Carl Everett this spring and I think Borchard is trying to make his move too. Little worried about our releif staff though. Politte gave up a homer and so did Vizcaino and that was our achile's heal last year.

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 11:11 PM)
I watched the game, and even though those two gave up homers, I thought they looked pretty good, they just kind of hung pitches for the homers, but looked good the rest of the inning.... key was there was no one on base, both solo

Thanks for your take on those two pitchers. I haven't had a chance to watch any Sox games this ST. I only remember what some of our relievers did last year. We don't need any bombs given up by the relief corp bases empty or not though. The are supposed to keep the opposition in check.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 05:06 PM)
Anyone else thinking that the Sox trainers are offically the anti-Cub trainers?

Cubs Trainers: "He'll be out a few day"="He may not play again this season"

Sox Trainers: "He'll be out at least a month or 3"="He'll walk it off and be just fine"

Herm is one of the best in the business and will stay there until he retires. The Cubs keep rotating them with mangerial changes and more. There is nothing else to say.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 02:42 PM)
Garcia is beginning to worry me. Either he's milking his start this afternoon, or there's an underlying injury dampering his performance.

Garica's fastball has yet to exceed 85mph, whereas his slider was clocked 68mph several occasions.

FWIW I watched some of the Dodgers game today and I think the fastest I saw a pitch from Gagne was, was 87 MPH

So who knows

FWIW I thought Freddy looked pretty good except the second inning. I think he retired like 10 of the last 11 he faced, and he had very good location with his pitches, there were a few severe jam pitches into the D'Back hitters.

I saw him hit 90-92 on the gun today as well...

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 08:34 PM)
FWIW I thought Freddy looked pretty good except the second inning.  I think he retired like 10 of the last 11 he faced, and he had very good location with his pitches, there were a few severe jam pitches into the D'Back hitters. 

I saw him hit 90-92 on the gun today as well...

i saw a couple of the D-backs relievers throw 104....but i'm sure it was a mistake on the radar.