even more bad news

thelatinoheat_30

QUOTE(thelatinoheat_30 @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 06:40 PM)
just saw on comcast that rowand was in a single A game today(to work on a hip flexor injury) and got hit by a pitch on the shoulder.  he now has a contussion, dunno what that means and that's all they said on it.

Contusion=bruise

QUOTE(thelatinoheat_30 @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 06:40 PM)
just saw on comcast that rowand was in a single A game today(to work on a hip flexor injury) and got hit by a pitch on the shoulder.  he now has a contussion, dunno what that means and that's all they said on it.

He has a bruise on his shoulder in other words. He might need a day or two off, but he should be fine.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 06:54 PM)
Contusion = deep bone bruise. They vary in extermity of course, seeing as my wrist contusion made me unable to lift anything for two months. But seeing as how I am frail like the elderly, Rowand should be fine.

A contusion does not imply a bone bruise. A boe bruise usually involves an inflammation of the periosteum or the covering of the bone. This covering doesn't bleed so they are painful but do not show up as contusions. In order for the bone to bleed it would need to fracture.

What you may have had was the periostitis along with the normal contusion because in order to get to the bone you usually injure the soft tissue as well.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 07:07 PM)
He has a bruise on his shoulder in other words.  He might need a day or two off, but he should be fine.

Yep.

The only way contusions keep people out for an extended period of time is if they develop into a myositis ossificans. This is when the blood stays in the muscle for an extended period of time and bone starts to grow in it. So you have bone in the middle of a muscle. This is quite painful. The trainer for the Sox will not allow this to occur.

god damn that scared me... if arow, mark b, and frank were out to start the season, i would have been a very sad dude

i know arow will be fine come april

im pretty sure burly will be A-OK

and im hoping frank will be back by may

QUOTE(thelatinoheat_30 @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 04:40 PM)

Contussion is basically a bruise. Hopefully everything is alright with Arow cause he's gonna be an integral part of this team.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 04:54 PM)
Contusion = deep bone bruise. They vary in extermity of course, seeing as my wrist contusion made me unable to lift anything for two months. But seeing as how I am frail like the elderly, Rowand should be fine.

:lolhitting

QUOTE(ptatc @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 12:44 AM)
Contusion=bruise

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 12:48 AM)
im not too worried about a-rows bruise

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 12:54 AM)
Contusion = deep bone bruise...

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 01:07 AM)
He has a bruise on his shoulder in other words...

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 01:29 AM)
Contussion is basically a bruise...

QUOTE(BigNDfan80 @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 04:21 AM)
A contusion is a fancy word for bruise...

I'm SO confused. What's "contusion" mean, again?

just when i start to think that buehrle has never been injured he gets "injured". And earlier today i was hoping the sox don't receive anymore key injuries......though this is nothing, i still hope none of the key pieces to this season get injured in a bad way.

Edited by TheBlackSox8