Hawk

TLAK

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(TLAK @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 09:07 PM)
Another thing wearing thin is the Joanie and the slide comercial they seem to play every half inning and every pitching change.

I f***ing hate Joan Cusak. I wish that dumb b**** would just go away like her brother.

I should say, even though Hawk has his occasional rants that I dislike, I do like the guy. Sure, he's a homer, but he's one of the most passionate Sox fans there is. He loves the Sox, and it's a lot better, IMHO, than having someone who isn't as passionate...

QUOTE(Rooftop Shots @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 08:06 PM)
Agreed! For those who disagree, remember that we once had Drysdale as our full time announcer. The guy was a great pitcher, but his excitability towards our home team white sox was like listening to a casket with arms and legs. Maybe Hawks sometimes has the extension lips out with certain  praises, but his excitement when good things happen during a game are real.

I used to love Drysdale as the guy in the booth. He didn't pull any puches at all. In fact, I kept wishing they'd take him out of the booth and make him the pitching coach. He'd get so pissed at pitchers that nibbled or wouldn't back someone off the plate.

As for Hawk, listening to him talk about about the game is like sitting in a bar watching the game and talking with another Sox fan about it. Nothing wrong with that.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 01:39 AM)
Or his yearly (usually twice, at least a couple times in the last two years) anti-Moneyball/anti-Beane rant.

Rooney and Farmer have even more. About how James' books are only good for evening table legs. And boy, does that joke never get old.

Hawk has really gone downhill lately, imo. I'm scared DJ spread whatever uninteresting disease he had.

QUOTE(AirScott @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 08:15 PM)
I've noticed that whenever the Sox are down big, Hawk will keep rattling on about Ozzie ball and the lead isn't that big, while DJ goes silent, only saying things like "Right", "Yes", and "Mm-hmm".  Still, in my opinion, they're just below ESPN's Joe Morgan and I can't remember his name at the moment.

jon miller i believe

Edited by TheBlackSox8

QUOTE(3E8 @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 05:33 AM)
Yeah, cancer is pretty boring.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was referring to.

That's just asinine. Obviously I wasn't referring to his cancer, but you felt like you could make some idiot accusation.

I guess since DJ had testicular cancer, noone can say he's uninteresting? We should all baby him and talk about how impossibly wonderful and charming he is?

QUOTE(TLAK @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 09:07 PM)
Another thing wearing thin is the Joanie and the slide comercial they seem to play every half inning and every pitching change.

If I were on that slide, and she gave me the don't make me come up there line, I would beg her to come up, that way I could beat her curly lipped ass. :fight

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 06:05 AM)
Yeah, that's exactly what I was referring to.

That's just asinine.  Obviously I wasn't referring to his cancer, but you felt like you could make some idiot accusation.

I guess since DJ had testicular cancer, noone can say he's uninteresting?  We should all baby him and talk about how impossibly wonderful and charming he is?

Exactly which disease were you referring to then?

You didn't say DJ was uninteresting, you said his disease was uninteresting. I'm curious which one you were talking about if it wasn't his cancer.

Edited by 3E8

I love Hawk. However, I do get sick of hearing 'stretch' evert time there is a pop up in the outfield. He could mix it up a little better. Everytime somebody strikes out 'He Gone'....I love 'He Gone' but I remember hearing a 'grab some bench' in the past....not any more...Mix it up....And kill DJ! :bang

QUOTE(3E8 @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 01:34 PM)
Exactly which disease were you referring to then?

You didn't say DJ was uninteresting, you said his disease was uninteresting.  I'm curious which one you were talking about if it wasn't his cancer.

I meant he passed his uninterestingness (Uninteresting Disease) to Hawk. That's the only way the post makes any sense or is at all relevant, so I thought it was obvious. To be honest, I have no clue what diseases DJ has had, has now, or will have. I didn't know he had cancer, I may have heard about it, but just forgot.

It's funny, but what a lot of people seem to hate about Hawk is why I like him. I enjoy having a 'homer' or what could only be called a 'fan' of the White Sox calling our games. I love it when he's biased, he should be...he should show pure 'fan' passion for the team he's calling games for...I don't need fair and impartial judgement in my sports announcers, I like it when he takes jabs at opposing teams and stands up and says things that we'd ALL love to say about some of these guys (like king Cub fan Jay M). When someone does something very stupid on the Sox, make no mistake, Hawk points it out...but he tries to see the bright side of everything the Sox do, even if he's blindly wrong at times...so am I, as a fan. Sometimes, we HAVE to be blind when it comes to following our favorite teams. If I wasn't forgiving and forgetting when it comes to this organization, I wouldn't be a fan of this team...neither would most of us.

We don't choose the teams we love...not truly, they choose us. I can 'try' to hate the Sox because of the things Reinsdorf does, but deep down...I never will.

So here we are, hoping...praying for that shot in the dark...and so is Hawk, so if you don't like it, the solution is rather simple.

Stop listening.

:wub:

-y2

I would take Hawk a million times over Farmio. Hearing him telling another story about his playing days just grates on me.

Also, hearing Farmio lead the discussion with some of the players and their wives at SoxFest made me want to run up on the stage and smack him. He talked aimlessly and constantly. He never knows when to shut the hell up. Hey Ed, no one paid money at SoxFest to see your old ass up there rambling about where you played golf for free.