Joe Borowski breaks hand.

The Cubs have got to be feeling less and less confident every day. With Prior and Wood possibly out for a while, it can't feel good to start to have trouble on the already shaky other end of their pitching rotation.

Joe Borowski broke his hand fielding a line drive last week according to ESPN Radio's Mike and Mike.

QUOTE(winodj @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 09:09 AM)
The Cubs have got to be feeling less and less confident every day. With Prior and Wood possibly out for a while, it can't feel good to start to have trouble on the already shaky other end of their pitching rotation.

Joe Borowski broke his hand fielding a line drive last week according to ESPN Radio's Mike and Mike.

The Cubs must be worried now. Their half-ass closer is out.

Anyone think Hendry's going to panic and trade for a closer before Opening Day possibly?

Bruce LeVineLine mentioned Octavio Dotel, Ugueth Urbina, and Danny Baez as possibilities but said that no one wants to trade their closer right now. He said the A's could move Dotel eventually once they know Huston Street can be their closer.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 02:34 PM)
Bruce LeVineLine mentioned Octavio Dotel, Ugueth Urbina, and Danny Baez as possibilities but said that no one wants to trade their closer right now.  He said the A's could move Dotel eventually once they know Huston Street can be their closer.

Ha, they couldn't land those guys a few months ago. What makes him think they can do it now?

Ha, they couldn't land those guys a few months ago.  What makes him think they can do it now?

I doubt they will be able to as well. They will have to seriously overpay now since those teams will have them by the balls. Hendry has blown it already for a second straight year on the closer situation. He didn't want to overpay Armando Benitez or Troy Percival and this is what it gets him. Barring a trade, they are back to either LaTroy "Headcase" Hawkins or Ryan "I have no business closing" Dempster as their closer.

"Borowski out 3-4 weeks"

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...ack=2&cset=true

Cubs closer Joe Borowski suffered a hairline crack in his right wrist while fielding a comebacker in a Cactus League outing Monday and will be out for at least 3-4 weeks, the Cubs announced Tuesday morning.
General manager Jim Hendry said Borowski will miss at least 3-4 weeks with the injury and is wearing a soft cast.

But we all know how honest the Cubs are with their injury reports.

Edited by Jabroni

So the Cubs are saying that Borowski broke his hand eh?

That means that Joe now no longer has a right hand. Maybe someone can give him the number of a good hook maker. With all that weight he lost he can now reach his goal of playing Captain Hook in Peter Pan at the Second City. Congrats Joe!

That means that Joe now no longer has a right hand. Maybe someone can give him the number of a good hook maker. With all that weight he lost he can now reach his goal of playing Captain Hook in Peter Pan at the Second City. Congrats Joe!

:lolhitting

QUOTE(Cali @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 11:03 AM)

I just flashed to Arrested Development with Buster and the robovac.

Well, what do you expect Mother, I'm HALF MACHINE!!!! I'M A MONSTER!!!

QUOTE(winodj @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 10:52 AM)
I just flashed to Arrested Development with Buster and the robovac.

Well, what do you expect Mother, I'm HALF MACHINE!!!! I'M A MONSTER!!!

HAHAHA Yep.

(AL)ARM OFF :D

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 02:47 PM)
I doubt they will be able to as well.  They will have to seriously overpay now since those teams will have them by the balls.  Hendry has blown it already for a second straight year on the closer situation.  He didn't want to overpay Armando Benitez or Troy Percival and this is what it gets him.  Barring a trade, they are back to either LaTroy "Headcase" Hawkins or Ryan "I have no business closing" Dempster as their closer.

I don't fault Hendry on not signing Benitez or Percival.

Percival got way, way too much money (hmm -- the Tigers overpaying, who'da thunk it?), and Benitez' contract will hurt the Giants in that third year.

One of the pickups I did like was Williamson, he's real good when healthy.

But yeah, the Cubs are in a pretty bad situation at this point. They're going to have to rely on guys like Wellemyer to step up...

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 07:58 PM)
They should've signed Mantei(who wanted to play in Chicago) or Percival. They simply dropped the ball on that. They have the money to take the chance on those players, but simply didn't.

I agree with Mantei, but hell, Percival got a pretty sweet deal from the Tigers (sweet meaning lots of money).

Mantei was one of several small signings, but good signings, by Boston...

This is not really that big of a loss for the cubs in my opinion. I mean hell boroski was already throwing several miles less than his normal. Anyone really think he would have still put up those numbers pitching in the mid to high 80's?