Rotoworld Projects Anderson to Bham

BHAMBARONS

Transactions

Accoring to Rotoworld Brian will be in Bham I am not sure where they got there info from but they do say he is a lot closer to the Cell than Ryan. On a personal note I would sure like to see the hoover met become more hitter frendly I am not sure if that effects our prospects or not but I have seen a LOT of deep drives that would have been long gone at the Cell get caught or go for Doubles.

Tom

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 03:44 AM)
BHAM -- You'll love the pet project i'm working on.

sneak peak...

Good to see a 2005 version up and going! I know I helped out Alex with one of those last year, have fun when rookie and short-season ball begin! :)

"I think Bristol has about 10 starting pitchers."

"What the hell?"

That'll be sweet Cheat. Tell me if you need help with some of the lower level stuff cause I can put you in conact with some people or I can contact them.

Sometimes its tough, especially for the rookie level teams. And if you wouldn't mind, I'd love giving you credit for that and putting it up on FS as well :)

Cheat, that's good stuff you are working on. A couple of things to keep in mind about minor league rosters....

1. AAA rosters are 24 for the full season

2. AA rosters are 24 for the first and last month of the season, 23 the rest of the time.

3. Class A rosters are 23, I belive, but be sure to verify that.

4. Rookie league rosters (Bristol and Great Falls) are much bigger. I think they can have as many as 30-35 players.

The minor league DL is only 7 days, so rosters can change quickly due to injuries. The "phantom DL" is utilized in the minor leagues to manipulate roster spots. Often a guy or two is forced to go on the "DL" to make room for another player. This is generally a temporary move, but can get confusing.

Another idea that may be worthwhile if it doesn't take up too much time is to keep a database of all transactions. If you get on the media email list from each team's Media Relations office, you should get all updates, providing they send releases on all moves. Sometimes they may forget or just omit minor moves. They have a ton of stuff to do and some things can get overlooked. You should be able to get on their media lists by having Jason give them your name/address and added as a SoxTalk representative.

If you need any other help or input, feel free to PM me. I like what you are doing.

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 06:26 AM)
Transactions

Accoring to Rotoworld Brian will be in Bham I am not sure where they got there info from but they do say he is a lot closer to the Cell than Ryan.  On a personal note I would sure like to see the hoover met become more hitter frendly I am not sure if that effects our prospects or not but I have seen a LOT of deep drives that would have been long gone at the Cell get caught or go for Doubles.

Tom

Tom, I don't think Rotoworld knows anything more than anyone else in regards to such assignments. They are just speculating. That said, it would not surprise me at all to see Brian sent back to Birmingham. My guess is that either Anderson or Michael Spidale will be headed back to the Steel City.

Rex, I didn't even count the players on the big league roster. I just wrote in the players who I thought would make the team.

Thanks for that advice though. I'll try to keep it as accurate as possible during the season, but right now it's just so hard to project all those spots. (it would be like trying to guess the NCAA brackets before they came out.)

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 07:41 PM)
Rex, I didn't even count the players on the big league roster.  I just wrote in the players who I thought would make the team.

Thanks for that advice though.  I'll try to keep it as accurate as possible during the season, but right now it's just so hard to project all those spots. (it would be like trying to guess the NCAA brackets before they came out.)

Hey Cheat...we'll talk when I get back from Arizona, but I can set you up if your interested.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 09:34 PM)
Tom, I don't think Rotoworld knows anything more than anyone else in regards to such assignments.  They are just speculating.  That said, it would not surprise me at all to see Brian sent back to Birmingham.  My guess is that either Anderson or Michael Spidale will be headed back to the Steel City.

I'm still not sure why people give rotoworld the time of day when it comes to this kind of stuff. They just throw darts on this stuff, and your average regular reader of this board has a better idea of where prospects will start their seasons...

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Mar 24, 2005 -> 03:41 AM)
Rex, I didn't even count the players on the big league roster.  I just wrote in the players who I thought would make the team.

Thanks for that advice though.  I'll try to keep it as accurate as possible during the season, but right now it's just so hard to project all those spots. (it would be like trying to guess the NCAA brackets before they came out.)

You're exatly right that it is next to impossible at this point to project everything. One injury can sometimes have a trickle down effect and actually affect 3 or 4 players. I like what you are doing and will help if I can. Just ask if you need anything.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 09:32 PM)
Cheat, that's good stuff you are working on.  A couple of things to keep in mind about minor league rosters....

2.  AA rosters are 24 for the first and last month of the season, 23 the rest of the time.

You are right on Rex May 8th Southern League Roster has to be cut to 24-23. That is always an interseting time around the clubhouse and usually see some great play out of those people on the bubble