The pitching

SoxFan1

I think as a whole you would have to call the pitching as it is now a best case scenario. As a team who expected us to only have 3 pitchers with an era over 4?!?

The hitting has been much worse than we thought it would be so far. You have Frank at .222, PK at .179, and Lee at .171, plus Olivo has not hit a thing all year.

And the defense has been about what I expected. OK, but not great. Really there was one BAD game and a couple of mental breakdowns, but who didn't know we would have some of those problems?

All in all I think we are in OK shape providing that the hitting wakes up in time for us to play good teams.

I think as a whole you would have to call the pitching as it is now a best case scenario.  As a team who expected us to only have 3 pitchers with an era over 4?!? 

The hitting has been much worse than we thought it would be so far.  You have Frank at .222, PK at .179, and Lee at .171, plus Olivo has not hit a thing all year. 

And the defense has been about what I expected.  OK, but not great.  Really there was one BAD game and a couple of mental breakdowns, but who didn't know we would have some of those problems?

All in all I think we are in OK shape providing that the hitting wakes up in time for us to play good teams.

Then again Joe Crede has come out red hot, hopefully the three you mentioned can get it together and we'll be unstoppable!

CWSOX45

its a team game and no one is hot for 162 games + 11 postseason wins and when some platers are down, others need to step up - we have won three straight series and we just need to keep doing that, series by series, and players picking up for each other when others struggle, which we have done more or less.

Then again Joe Crede has come out red hot, hopefully the three you mentioned can get it together and we'll be unstoppable!

CWSOX45

JM must have noticed that yesterday when he sat him.

he came in and hit a single for 2 rbis :) just didnt get any help.

I know. And Graffy hit a HR in Crede's place. Both Crede and Graffanino accounted for all 3 RBI's yesterday. The point I was trying to make was why sit Crede when he is one of the only hot bats we have? Typical f***ing Jerry "tinker me this" Manuel.

establishing a rotation of rest so that when we get later in the season no one is burned out or gets pised off when they are sat for a day off?

Letting a starter have a day off now and again with our bench is not the worst thing ever - just as soon do it.

CWSOX45

Yeah I don't know why he didn't play. Sure he wanted to get Graffy in there but you should never take out your hottest hitter. The same goes for Alomar.

CWSOX45

CWSOX45

he came in and hit a single for 2 rbis :) just didnt get any help.

I know. And Graffy hit a HR in Crede's place. Both Crede and Graffanino accounted for all 3 RBI's yesterday. The point I was trying to make was why sit Crede when he is one of the only hot bats we have? Typical f***ing Jerry "tinker me this" Manuel.

Because Crede had been slumping the previous two games or I think he was. Didn't look up the stats, but he wasn't looking good for a few games. He started off on fire then cooled down and hopefully he's heating back up.