White Sox @ Brewers Game Thread

SoxFan1

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 03:46 PM)
But, for a guy like Kevin Walker -- who's been bad at AAA and bad in the majors, I don't know how it can warrant making the big league club because of ten good IP...

As you know, I personally like Walker and not because of his numbers in spring training, I just like how he pitches. I respect your opininon on him though, obviously there is some debate that goes with him, one thing I will say though is his major league numbers weren't awful(4.5 era).

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 10:02 PM)
Ozuna Minor League Totals

.317 AVG  .357 OBP .443 SLG 800 OPS

Harris Minor Leauge Totals

.290 AVG .369 OBP .415 SLG 784 OPS

Did I stutter?

I don't recall saying anything bad about Ozuna... Like I said, I'm certainly interested in him, as to why he hasn't gotten more than 111 major league AB's. His walk rate is a little low, but he seems that he can rake a little bit.

And, I didn't know that one could stutter online...

EDIT: I think the worst thing I've said about Ozuna is that just because he's had an awesome ST, doesn't mean he's going to do this in the regular season, but I'm sure everyone is smart enough to not expect him to hit .300 up here. But, I don't recall saying something like, "he's a bum", and then putting Harris on an almighty pedastal.

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 04:03 PM)
i know it really doesn't matter....but what is the Sox's spring training record?

American League

Team W L PCT

Toronto 11 5 .688

Los Angeles 13 7 .650

Tampa Bay 11 7 .611

Detroit 10 8 .556

Chicago 10 11 .476

Cleveland 9 10 .474

New York 9 10 .474

Baltimore 8 9 .471

Oakland 10 12 .455

Boston 8 10 .444

Minnesota 8 11 .421

Kansas City 7 11 .389

Seattle 7 11 .389

Texas 6 14 .300

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 04:08 PM)
Ozuna kind of reminds me of Gload.  I say that because both were old for the minor leagues but both of them always produced down there.  Ok, that's where the comparison ends. :lol:

Gload has kinda gotten screwed considering he was behind grace, helton, and thomas/konerko.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 04:08 PM)
Ozuna kind of reminds me of Gload.  I say that because both were old for the minor leagues but both of them always produced down there.  Ok, that's where the comparison ends. :lol:

rossgload.jpg

6459.jpg

Well, I dunno. I kinda see a resemblance. :lol:

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 04:10 PM)
They keep talking about Borchard's talent and how he needs to stay on the sox and make it to the bigs with them.  Its really a long shot, but it would be nice to have anderson, sweeney and borchard in the OF

Borchard can be in the outfield to warm up the other outfielders before the game. Then he can sit down.

Garland is okay. :headbang

Garland exits early against Brewers

Righty says he's OK after being hit on biceps by grounder

PHOENIX -- Just as Mark Buehrle seems to have survived an injury scare without any long-term issue, a second member of the White Sox starting rotation left Wednesday's game early after getting nicked against the Brewers.

Jon Garland cruised through the first 1 1/3 innings, striking out Junior Spivey and Carlos Lee, before taking Bill Hall's hard grounder off of his right biceps. Garland recovered to make the play at first and stayed in the game to record the final out.

But Tadahito Iguchi pinch-hit for Garland in the top of the third, ending the right-hander's day three or four innings short of what was originally scheduled. An initial report from the White Sox listed Garland's right biceps area as a little tender, but Garland himself said that he was fine.

Garland was making his first Cactus League start and fourth appearance overall. Most of his spring work has come during 'B' games. He is scheduled to pitch six innings Monday against Oakland in Tucson.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 04:10 PM)
Gload has kinda gotten screwed considering he was behind grace, helton,  and thomas/konerko.

I know but I'm just saying both were old for the minor leagues but always produced, same thing in that respect.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 10:17 PM)
Vizcaino strikes out clark on a back door breaking ball for the second out of the inning and for the third out ( missed who it was) a deep fly ball to the warning track in center.

Was that Bill Hall? I wasn't paying a ton of attention.