White Sox @ Brewers Game Thread

SoxFan1

Hey Carlos! Hey Carlos! Hey Carlos!

YOU SUCK! :lol:

f*** Carlos Lee. Hahahahaha, what an asshole, idiot, loser. I'm so glad we got rid of this jackoff.

"He hit me with that white round thing, he must have been trying to kill me. Maybe I should charge the pile of dirt." Ok, that was bad, I gave him too much intelligence.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 10:33 PM)
Now what do you think about my comment about Lee's attitude?  It's a Spring Training game!

He hit a homer in his previous at-bat.

If anything, doesn't that show that he's a fiery guy? I thought that's what Ozzie liked.

Nothing really happened. Marte and Lee exchanged some "friendly" words, the benches cleared, but they weren't really close to fighting. Sorry if I got some people excited, I didn't really elaborate at first...

The Brewer announcer said it was obvious that he threw at him. Always hard to tell. I only have radio. Any thoughts out there? Marte has been pitching inside more this year and hitting batters. Also Lee always did stand on top of the plate. The announcer added that it was the first pitch.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 04:34 PM)

If anything, doesn't that show that he's a fiery guy?  I thought that's what Ozzie liked.

In the regular season it's not as big of a deal but Lee got all worked up in Spring Training.

Must be some bad blood there but I think he's a dumbass to get worked up and think the Sox were out to get him.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 10:29 PM)
I really think Ozuna's problem was when he went from 26 years old to 30 in one day.  He lied about his age and no one wants to bring up a 30 year old instead of a 26 year old.  They probably figure he has already reached his peak and will be on the decline.

Which he probably has -- I buy the idea that players peak around 29. But it's not like 30-mid 30s is a huge step down from that. Getting a pretty good shortstop cheap -- even if he'll never be a star -- is smart baseball.

But again, I just wanted to throw the question out there. I don't know much of anything about Ozuna in particular.

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 04:36 PM)
The Brewer announcer said it was obvious that he threw at him.  Always hard to tell.  I only have radio.  Any thoughts out there?  Marte has been pitching inside more this year and hitting batters.  Also Lee always did stand on top of the plate.  The announcer added that it was the first pitch.

It was one of those Marte let's loose to late pitches. I don't think his control is that good when his form is that bad. It didn't look intentional. But from a non Sox fan, or at least someone that doesn't see Marte pitch often, it could look intentional. Marte released as if he was aiming for Lee, but he doesn't always have the release point down. Admittedly, it is a convenient coincidence that it was Carlos though.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 10:36 PM)
Now Carlos Lee wants to get tough,  where was he when Tori Hunter was plowing down our players.  Thats why he's playing in milwuakee.

Oh, come on now.

What was he supposed to do? Yeah, he had a chance to make a hard slide into second base, and he didn't do so. But, you're blaming him for not having any retaliation? I put that on the shoulders of the pitcher, who, in that case, was Mike Jackson.

Boy, since when did Carlos Lee become the bad guy? I'll personally root for him to beat the s*** out of our neighbors to the north, but to each his own, I guess...

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 04:34 PM)

If anything, doesn't that show that he's a fiery guy?  I thought that's what Ozzie liked.

Nothing really happened.  Marte and Lee exchanged some "friendly" words, the benches cleared, but they weren't really close to fighting.  Sorry if I got some people excited, I didn't really elaborate at first...

How did Carlos appear after hitting his homerun?

Did you notice if he may have posed, or glanced towards the Sox dugout?

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 04:36 PM)
Now Carlos Lee wants to get tough,  where was he when Tori Hunter was plowing down our players.  Thats why he's playing in milwuakee.

Maybe he's pissed that's playing in Milwaukee!

comeon, he wouldnt do that on purpose in ST. Carlos is an idiot and wants to show some fire towards his old team, and he picked a stupid time to do it. He pushed an ump which was stupid as well. I wish AJ would have been behind the plate so he could of dropped carlos after that.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 10:36 PM)

Then why isn't the rest of team in Milwaukee? And why is Oz still here, since he took responsibility for any retaliation upon himself after the game?

This was just a bs excuse.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 10:41 PM)
I think we traded him because we didnt need him, and alot more came from the trade than we initially thought.

I wouldn't say that we "didn't need" our best overall player from last year...

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 04:38 PM)
Oh, come on now.

Boy, since when did Carlos Lee become the bad guy?  I'll personally root for him to beat the s*** out of our neighbors to the north, but to each his own, I guess...

I agree. I seem to remember the day the trade happened, all the comments of us getting robbed.

I'm looking forward to him killing the Cubs. He seems to love Wrigley Field. I'm sure he wasn't hit on purpose. I'll watch it on DVR when I get home.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 04:41 PM)
I wouldn't say that we "didn't need" our best overall player from last year...

I dont think, looking at our lineup, the way it is now, that we needed to keep him. He was a decent fielder, a good hitter, not a great runner. I really really like Carlos as a player from the moment that he started with the sox, but judging by what we got for him, I think we came out on top. Dont you agree??