White Sox @ Brewers Game Thread

SoxFan1

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(qwerty @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 04:41 PM)
Funny how lee was loved by many but is now the anti-christ.

Agreed, but I've always hated him and was one of the few happy to see him gone. Where were all these people when they flamed me for saying awesome trade? I guess a bad pub article about Carlos and Scott Pod starting hot in Spring and everyone's on board...

QUOTE(qwerty @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 04:42 PM)
4-4, two doubles, single, and a homerun.

I know I'm wrong, but it seems like those are his only hits of the spring. Wonder why I would feel like that :huh

QUOTE(danman31 @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 06:38 PM)
It was one of those Marte let's loose to late pitches. I don't think his control is that good when his form is that bad. It didn't look intentional. But from a non Sox fan, or at least someone that doesn't see Marte pitch often, it could look intentional. Marte released as if he was aiming for Lee, but he doesn't always have the release point down. Admittedly, it is a convenient coincidence that it was Carlos though.

A "let's loose to late" pitch. I like that description. Saw a few of those last year from Marte. Interesting incident. This is one of those unpredictable incidents that can further coalesce team chemistry. Intended or not, I see lot's of back slapping

Edited by ottawa_sox

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 10:43 PM)
I dont think, looking at our lineup, the way it is now, that we needed to keep him.  He was a decent fielder, a good hitter, not a great runner.  I really really like Carlos as a player from the moment that he started with the sox, but judging by what we got for him, I think we came out on top.  Dont you agree??

Player for player, no -- I didn't feel comfortable with the trade.

Do you? Lee for Podsednik and Vizcaino. Seems pretty lopsided to me.

Now, what we did the money is a different story. But, if half of the trade is, in part, that, "Well, look what we did with the money" -- why wasn't it done with a different player?

I know a lot of people like Konerko for his clubhouse 'leadership', saying he's the face of the franchise -- but, I just feel that his contract would have been a better contract to unload than Lee's.

Then, we still could have signed Duque and AJ and Iguchi, just, we'd have Lee + the players gained in the Konerko trade -- as he wouldn't have been traded to Milwaukee, I think they're pretty set at 1B.

But that's just a lot of what if's up there, so I'm not gonna harp on it. I'll hope, along with every other Sox fan, that Podsednik produces at his 2003 rate.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 10:55 PM)
I wonder what Carlos thinks about our offense without him.

Y'know... Carlos said all the right things when he left, didn't badmouth the organization or anything. I don't see where the righteousness comes from. There's probably more said smugly towards Carlos than Maggs, who b****ed ENDLESSLY after getting his many, many, many millions. Why???