White Sox @ Brewers Game Thread

SoxFan1

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 03:17 PM)
i don't think we could trade them for a horrible player... :bang

Maybe Diaz to the Cubs, they're desperate for starters.

Or Borchard to the Giants, since The Cream is hurt.

QUOTE(shakes @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 09:18 PM)
These Breweres announcers are also talking about how Ozzie took some parting shots at Carlos. They say they haven't seen any of these things yet.

Wait until they see him hit 200 homeruns this year...foul.

Outside of the "sliding like a girl" comment, I'm trying to remember when Ozzie took parting shots. A few days ago on MJH, he praised the way he left town.

:huh

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 03:22 PM)
Outside of the "sliding like a girl" comment, I'm trying to remember when Ozzie took parting shots.  A few days ago on MJH, he praised the way he left town.

:huh

They basically talked about that comment and that Ozzie said he was shipped out of town and made it sound like he didn't always play hard.

Todays CLEE homer is a typical CLEE homer.

They are down by 8 runs and he hits one. If they were down 8-7 in the bottom of the 9th, Carlos would rip 8 fouls (right size wrong shape), down the left field line before striking out to end the inning.

-y2

Edited by Y2HH

Todays CLEE homer is a typical CLEE homer.

They are down by 8 runs and he hits one.  If they were down 8-7 in the bottom of the 9th, Carlos would rip 8 fouls (right size wrong shape), down the left field line before striking out to end the inning.

-y2

Carlos Lee is the anti-clutch.

Crede looking good today, he has smoked the ball three times. That should take his spring average over the Mendoza line.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 08:28 PM)
Ozuna, a 30 year old career minor leaguer, is outplaying Willie's sorry ass.  That's pretty sad.  Add in the fact that Ozuna can play more positions than Willie, Willie should not make our roster.

By the way, is there any online feed of this game?

I'm glad that there's a solid correlation between ST numbers and regular season numbers...

And by the way, your pr0n search button is broked :(

I know it's just an animated gif and doesn't truly search, but it would be nice. Fix it. Now. :pray

QUOTE(qwerty @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 03:34 PM)
She is not chinese and rather have this one in case if the other one offended someone some how.

I might have been the biggest fan of the Lee trade, but I think you guys are being a tad hard on Carlos. The guy did his fair share for us. Lot of HR's and RBI's, he improved his defense and was an overall good guy. There were also times that he came through in the clutch (Cub game comes to mind). If I had any problem with him, it was his tendency to stand and stare at home runs (and a few that weren't). But, for the most part, he was a really solid player for us.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 09:36 PM)
If you needed Spring Training numbers to provide solid correlation that Willie can't consistently hit, you must be blind.

Harris had a higher OBP than our Opening Day leadoff hitter did last year, and had much better minor league numbers.

Oh, and I just read your comments about Carlos Lee. Thanks for making me fall off my chair in laughter.

EDIT: And Jim, I agreed with your post about Harris/Crede in the other thread. Harris needed to have a strong spring, and he hasn't, simply put.

Edited by CWSGuy406