White Sox @ Brewers Game Thread

SoxFan1

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 03:46 PM)
No, I'm not saying ST numbers mean nothing at all.

But with McCarthy, he has something besides that to back it up.  He's dominated just about every level he's been at.

And I suppose Ozuna's been solid at points too, I'm interested to see how he does this year, actually.

But, for a guy like Kevin Walker -- who's been bad at AAA and bad in the majors, I don't know how it can warrant making the big league club because of ten good IP...

"I'm glad that there's a solid correlation between ST numbers and regular season numbers..."

QUOTE(JimH @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 09:50 PM)
Carlos grounds into a double play.

That should help Fabio Castro's confidence.  Nice pitch.

In answer to the question, Castro is a Sox farmhand ... played Single A last year.

Lefthanded reliever, very young.

Jim, did you see him pitch?

If so, you're thoughts on him...?

Lots of people like him to break out this season.

Jim, did you see him pitch?

If so, you're thoughts on him...?

Lots of people like him to break out this season.

Yes I saw him Keith.

He needs to get ahead in the count. Nice breaking ball, fastball looks average. He needs to fill out a bit too.

He just showed some guts by challenging Carlos Lee, I liked that.

Iguchi has really been a suprise. I thought it would take him a long time to adjust, even though he is still doing it, but he has really impressed me with his work so far this spring. At first he said he would go to right field all the time to work on his timing like he did in ST in Japan. Now you can see him jerking the ball to left and punching it to center and right. I am really excited about what he can do for us.

He's hitting .300 in his first camp in his first extended stay in America.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 09:54 PM)
Iguchi has really been a suprise. I thought it would take him a long time to adjust, even though he is still doing it, but he has really impressed me with his work so far this spring. At first he said he would go to right field all the time to work on his timing like he did in ST in Japan. Now you can see him jerking the ball to left and punching it to center and right. I am really excited about what he can do for us.

He's hitting .300 in his first camp in his first extended stay in America.

I have no problem with Iguchi starting. If his Japanese numbers of the past two numbers can tell us anything, he seems to have some good pop, can handle the bat well, and a pretty good eye. He's certainly one of about five 'interesting' players added this year...

DJ comenting on Ryan Sweeney. Said he is very laid back but confident. Likes what he brings defensively.

Ground out to Uribe, 1 out bottom of 6.

Just showed the nice catch Sweeney made yesterday.

QUOTE(JimH @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 04:00 PM)
Most people on this site know a lot more about the minor leaguers than Bill Melton.

D.j. and him couldn't even get out who was traded to the mariners ( :headshake eed).

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 03:51 PM)
So you didn't read the rest of the post.

"goof".

Ozuna Minor League Totals

.317 AVG .357 OBP .443 SLG 800 OPS

Harris Minor Leauge Totals

.290 AVG .369 OBP .415 SLG 784 OPS

Did I stutter?

QUOTE(JimH @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 10:00 PM)
Most people on this site know a lot more about the minor leaguers than Bill Melton.

Hell Melton doesn't know one thing. he is like that Joe Bartage on the score. That guy is the dumbest thing on the radio, Melton is giving him a run.

Top of 7th, the Hot Dog wins the Sausage Race.

Widger up.

DJ alluding to Widger getting lots of playing time because of the scouts.

Ground out, one out.

Ozuna Minor League Totals

.317 AVG  .357 OBP .443 SLG 800 OPS

Harris Minor Leauge Totals

.290 AVG .369 OBP .415 SLG 784 OPS

Did I stutter?

:cheers Most people here don't realize that Ozuna's minor league numbers are sick. The reason he got out of favor with his last team is because he got 4 years older in one day. :lol: