Patterson looked like A ball hitter

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 02:11 PM)
Som much for the flubs using him as lead off hitter if he is going to look that bad swinging at pitches in the dirt that is not the mark of a lead off hitter

Tom

No offense but this shouldn't be in pale hose talk, it has nothing to do with the sox.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 02:59 PM)
No offense but this shouldn't be in pale hose talk, it has nothing to do with the sox.

That's my bad I didn't even realize I placed it here until after I posted it. I am still getting use to the site Is there anyway I can move it out of here

Tom

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 03:03 PM)
That's my bad I didn't even realize I placed it here until after I posted it.  I am still getting use to the site  Is there anyway I can move it out of here

Tom

Don't worry about it, I was just giving you a heads up. I'm sure one of the mods will move it eventually.

QUOTE(AirScott @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 02:45 PM)
he's always been that way, Baker's a fool if he doesn't have Hairston hit leadoff.

Baker's an imbecile. He has apparently made some kind of promise to Hollandsworth that he's gonna be the primary left-fielder.

Hairston is the better option, in my opinion. He's the ONLY leadoff hitter they have, and would cause trouble on the bases, which would give Walker and Garciaparra better pitches to hit.

But that's OK, let Baker mismanage the position players like he already mismanages the pitchers.

One more disappointing season and Toothpick Dude will be s***canned.

It's amazing Baker has lucked into as much success as he has. I swear the guy is the worst manager in baseball.

The guy has had players like Barry Bonds, Jason Schmidt, and Rob Nen. He doesn't have those guys on the Cubs. But I still don't understand why Baker is so overrated as a manager.