My other Project

Gene Honda Civic

So I posted the "Big Board" that I had been tinkering for a while last night.

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?ac...pe=post&id=3396

The inspiration (who am I kidding, I completely ripped them off) came from over at USSmariner.com. They have what they call the Big Board (organizational depth Chart) and the "Future 40" which is a crib sheet for the Organizations top prospects. -- Mariners future40 -- http://www.ussmariner.com/features/futureforty.htm

-- Mariners Big Board -- http://www.ussmariner.com/features/bigboard.htm

So I set out to replicate the Future 40 too... I don't care about the number of guys who get listed on there, I just wanted a quick resource, where you could see how close some guys are, what are their stregths/weaknesses, what their ceilings are, etc... Something that would be easily updated too.

So anyway... I started on the "future 40" about an hour ago. Here's what I've got so far. (attached at bottom) I'm gonna need your guys help and input to make both of these things as accurate as possible. We could get the 40 thing done fairly easily. The Big board is gonna take until after camps break and rosters become apparent.(I have no intention of even attempting to keep track of the Rookie leagues)

[some of the info I have listed is repeated from another player because I was just copying and pasting] This is currently nothing more than a work in progress. I was posting it here because it's something I can't get done alone.

The list looks good and its a good idea, but I would be very interested to hear more about Fernando Hernandez from anyone. He has put up very good numbers the last 2 years. At 19/20 years old in Kannapolis he had a 2.98 era in 45.1 IP with 59 K's and only 16 walks. Also doesn't hurt that he was my sleeper pick :P

Also, I think you may have misplaced Ryan Sweeney and Brian Anderson's comments, it looks to me like a pitchers comments, maybe I'm wrong. I realize this is version 1.0, so good job.

Edited by Palehosefan

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 07:07 PM)
First order of business, did I miss anyone?

Ryan Rodriguez should be on there. Rafael Flores had a sub 4 ERA as a starter for Kanny, he might warrant consideration. Also, Tom Collaro (a lot of HRs at Great Falls) and Brandon Allen (5th round pick out of HS this year, struggled at Bristol, raw with loads of talent) are guys that you could add. Finally, Jason has a hard on for Heath Phillips who played for the Barons last year. That's all I can think of for now. It all depends on how many people you want on the list. Looks sweet though.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 08:41 PM)
Ryan Rodriguez should be on there. Rafael Flores had a sub 4 ERA as a starter for Kanny, he might warrant consideration. Also, Tom Collaro (a lot of HRs at Great Falls) and Brandon Allen (5th round pick out of HS this year, struggled at Bristol, raw with loads of talent) are guys that you could add. Finally, Jason has a hard on for Heath Phillips who played for the Barons last year. That's all I can think of for now. It all depends on how many people you want on the list. Looks sweet though.

Yep, Ryan Rodriguez missing was the first thing I noticed...

Corwin Malone (haven't heard anything about him this spring, but supposedly "healthy" last I heard)

Lucas Harrell should probably be on this list. Brandon Allen as well. Ricardo Nanita, where have ye gone?

Edited by Randar68

Agreed....... I can't figure out why a guy who has been in AA keeps re-signing with a team that keeps him back in A ball. Makes no sense.

On Malone...... Last I heard his rehab was going well, but they had set up his rehab so that he will remain in Extended ST until he is ready to start, rather than have him break with a club and work out of the bullpen. If nothing has changed in that regard, expect him to join Birmingham (most likely destination) as soon as he is ready, but don't expect him there when camp breaks.