Cubune article on Lee/Marte clash

Jabroni

"No love lost"

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...-home-headlines

"I knew they were going to send him," Lee said.

Why?

"Because they wanted to mess around with me."

"Why stare at me? There's no reason for that," Lee said. "If you want to hit me, hit me, I don't care. It didn't hurt."
"That's the competitive side in him," Yost argued. "When he threw the guy out at the plate, that's the competitive side. We've seen that side."
"I didn't try to hit Carlos. It was just bad luck for him," Marte said.

"I don't know what he thought. I was throwing my fastball inside for him because I know that he can hit the ball down. So I tried to throw the fastball up."

"I got no problem with them," Lee said. "I'll always be thankful to the White Sox. That's the team that gave me the opportunity to be who I am right now."
Edited by Jabroni

This quote makes me laugh...

"I knew they were going to send him," Lee said.

Why?

"Because they wanted to mess around with me."

Yes Carlos, Podsednik ran on that sac fly attempt by Willie because the Sox wanted to mess around with you, not because they wanted to score the run. :rolly Carlos sure has a big ego. :headshake

Edited by Jabroni

Lee is becoming a real whiner isn't he?

It sure seems like it to me. He is turning into Maggs Part 2.

Does anyone think Marte actually hit Carlos intentionally? All I've heard all spring is how they want Marte to go inside on righties so he doesn't struggle with them like he did last season. As a result, occasionally he is going to hit some batters.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 08:52 PM)
It sure seems like it to me.  He is turning into Maggs Part 2.

Does anyone think Marte actually hit Carlos intentionally?  All I've heard all spring is how they want Marte to go inside on righties so he doesn't struggle with them like he did last season.  As a result, occasionally he is going to hit some batters.

No, and I still have trouble seeing how anything Carlos has done compares to what Maggs did.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Mar 24, 2005 -> 01:42 AM)
Looks like much ado about nothing.  In the game thread it seemed like it was the Wrestlemania XXIXIXIXX.

That's what I got out of it, greasy, but with all of the things I've been hearing out of Carlos today, you'd think that he'd killed someone. Geez -- I certainly never any of this when Carlos was here...

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 07:52 PM)
It sure seems like it to me.  He is turning into Maggs Part 2.

Does anyone think Marte actually hit Carlos intentionally?  All I've heard all spring is how they want Marte to go inside on righties so he doesn't struggle with them like he did last season.  As a result, occasionally he is going to hit some batters.

I saw the pitch and then the rest of Marte's inning and I have no doubt that Damaso hit Lee on purpose. That pitch was a fastball that was obvious and as straight as an arrow. Usually Dams pitches have a sweeping action to them, as did every pitch he threw the rest of the inning. That pitch was dead straight. He meant to hit him, and you could tell from his lack of remorse, quickly followed by definance.

And the Cubune gets a shot in at the Sox big offensive day...

"Juan Uribe went 4-for-6 with four RBIs and a homer and Joe Crede 4-for-4 for the White Sox, who had 25 hits, many of them thanks to the 32 mph wind gusts."

I guess those 32 mph wind gusts only helped the Sox and not the Brewers. :rolly

Edited by Jabroni

Why does it say he hit a homer off of Josh Fields?

He did.

He hit a homer off of Sox reliever Joshua Fields.

The Sox have two guys in their system named Josh Fields, one is the first round draft choice most people know. The other is a right handed reliever who pitched some in AA last year, that's who they are referring to.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 09:00 PM)
That's what I got out of it, greasy, but with all of the things I've been hearing out of Carlos today, you'd think that he'd killed someone.  Geez -- I certainly never any of this when Carlos was here...

Yeah....I don't really get it. I think Carlos had the best offensive year for anyone in a White Sox uniform last year, that's including Konerko. The majority liked him before the trade, went psycho the day we traded him, and now he's the worst thing ever. Maybe it's just the uniform, but who knows.

I don't have anything against Caballo, and I hope he continues to do well. It must be said that I am happy with the team we got now though. I see that trade as equating to Pods, Viz, and everyone else we acquired after that.

You are right Qwerty. People were throwing themselves in front of the bus to show KW that he should trade Konerko instead of Lee until the move happened. Now it's a completely different story. THings that make you go hmmm. Last point, for the guy who said that nobody throws at anyone in spring training I present to you Mike Piazza vs. Guillermo Mota .

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 08:00 PM)
I saw the pitch and then the rest of Marte's inning and I have no doubt that Damaso hit Lee on purpose.  That pitch was a fastball that was obvious and as straight as an arrow.  Usually Dams pitches have a sweeping action to them, as did every pitch he threw the rest of the inning.  That pitch was dead straight.  He meant to hit him, and you could tell from his lack of remorse, quickly followed by definance.

I disagree totally, it looked like he released his pitch too late like I have seen him do a hundred times. He has thrown pitches like that to left handed batters and it just looks like an outside fastball. Carlos was right on top of the plate and Damaso's release was late. There is no way he wanted to hit him, thats ridiculous.

Podsednik leads off the game with a triple No outs . Harris hits a shallow fly ball. With no outs in the regular season there's no way they send Pods. So yes they were "messing" with Carlos or testing him, whatever you wanna call it. Cora new Carlos had 11 assists last year probably 5-6 on throws home.

On Marte hitting Carlos, unless anyone is privy to inside info it's 50/50 on wether it was on purpose or not. Is Marte working on coming inside to righthanders? Yes. Was the pitch straight at Carlos ? Yes.

I dont have a problem with his attitude just because he changed uniforms. CLee will be missed wether or not the Sox do better or worse without him.

I just watched the bean on MLB.TV, and you have to love how Gload runs as fast as he can to put himself in front of Marte. Even though Carlos would probably crush him, Gload was ready to protect his teammate.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 07:00 PM)
And the Cubune gets a shot in at the Sox big offensive day...

I guess those 32 mph wind gusts only helped the Sox and not the Brewers. :rolly

The Sox had 25 freakin hits. 0nly 2 were homers. Borchard had a double that was possibly wind aided. Thats 3 out of 25. I 'd hardly call that many. Cubune blows!