where to park/tailgate

joemg311

I usually take the train and the redline to get to my games but me and some of my friends were thinking about driving there and doing some tailgating for opening day. I dont know my way around there too well so any help would be appriciated. I'm comming from the nw suburbs. whats the best way to get to the cell and the best place to park and tailgate if i'm gonna go super early? also do they let you in early to watch bp?

QUOTE(joemg311 @ Mar 25, 2005 -> 04:34 AM)
I usually take the train and the redline to get to my games but me and some of my friends were thinking about driving there and doing some tailgating for opening day. I dont know my way around there too well so any help would be appriciated. I'm comming from the nw suburbs. whats the best way to get to the cell and the best place to park and tailgate if i'm gonna go super early? also do they let you in early to watch bp?

If you are leaving early enough you should have no problem taking 294 South to the Kennedy towards chicago. then take 94 towards Indiana. Stay in the local lanes and take either the 31st street or the 35th street exit. Take that rd past the Cell to 37th and make a right. This will lead you to lot E where most people like to tailgate. If you are there a few hours before game time you should have no traffic problems.

They do let you into the game for BP I think 2 hours before hand, but you won't have much of a tailgate if you are planning on watching BP. Also, with the weather unpredictable they may not even have BP.

Edited by Sox1422

QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 25, 2005 -> 02:28 PM)
Does anyone know if the 31st or 35th Street exits off 94 are going to be fixed by Opening Day? I went by there last Sunday night and they still weren't open.

It would SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK if everyone had to get off at Pershing and double back.

I have no idea I usually drive in from the back rds.

QUOTE(joemg311 @ Mar 25, 2005 -> 10:39 PM)
Thanks for the help... Lot E it will be then. and i do hope the 35th and 31st exits are open otherwise my getting lost chances increase :D

HA!

You'd just have to get off on Pershing (39th) and head west for a few blocks, then head back north. Others would be doing the same, so you shouldn't have any problem at all.