So that's the secret ingredient..

Steff

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/03/24/chili.fin...reut/index.html

Officials: Diner finds finger in chili

Thursday, March 24, 2005 Posted: 8:48 AM EST (1348 GMT)

SAN FRANCISCO, California (Reuters) -- A diner at a Wendy's fast food restaurant in San Jose, California, found a human finger in a bowl of chili prepared by the chain, local officials said Wednesday.

"This individual apparently did take a spoonful, did have a finger in their mouth and then, you know, spit it out and recognized it," said Ben Gale, director of the department of environmental health for Santa Clara County. "Then they had some kind of emotional reaction and vomited."

Local officials launched an investigation after the incident Tuesday night and the medical examiner determined Wednesday that the object was a human finger.

Officials are trying to determine whether the finger came in the raw materials Wendy's used to prepare the chili, Gale said.

Wendy's International Inc. corporate office did not immediately return a call for comment. Wendy's is the third-largest hamburger chain.

QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 25, 2005 -> 10:06 AM)

SAN FRANCISCO, California (Reuters) -- A diner at a Wendy's fast food restaurant in San Jose, California, found a human finger in a bowl of chili prepared by the chain, local officials said Wednesday.

"This individual apparently did take a spoonful, did have a finger in their mouth and then, you know, spit it out and recognized it," said Ben Gale, director of the department of environmental health for Santa Clara County. "Then they had some kind of emotional reaction and vomited."

Local officials launched an investigation after the incident Tuesday night and the medical examiner determined Wednesday that the object was a human finger.

Officials are trying to determine whether the finger came in the raw materials Wendy's used to prepare the chili, Gale said.

Wendy's International Inc. corporate office did not immediately return a call for comment. Wendy's is the third-largest hamburger chain.

I make a wicked 'Five alarm and finger chili'....leave it to half ass wendy's to only include 1 finger. :nono

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Mar 25, 2005 -> 09:27 AM)
Wendy's should have been more prepared....balloons should have dropped, confetti should have flown in the air, and someone should have stepped out and said 'Congratulations, you've won the Find the Finger in the Chili Contest!'

:lol:

that's a great idea. You could use that whenever you were in trouble.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 25, 2005 -> 10:22 AM)
I hear ya!  There's no telling where that finger has been.

Maybe this should go in the 'movie quote' thread but...

"Get that finger out of your ear! You don't know where that finger's been!"

-One of the Naked Gun movies

:P

Man I love wendys, good thing the only thing I eat from there every time is a Spicey Chicken Sandwhich (Lettuce ONLY)

I think ill be finger safe from that...

One time at McDonalds when I was like 13 I was drinking my coke and it felt like something was wrong because the straw was being weird and I opened it up and there was a knob to a machine in it.. it was quite weird

QUOTE(T R U @ Mar 25, 2005 -> 11:11 AM)
Man I love wendys, good thing the only thing I eat from there every time is a Spicey Chicken Sandwhich (Lettuce ONLY)

One time at McDonalds when I was like 13 I was drinking my coke and it felt like something was wrong because the straw was being weird and I opened it up and there was a knob to a machine in it.. it was quite weird

:drink MmMmmm....knoborific

QUOTE(T R U @ Mar 25, 2005 -> 11:11 AM)

So you were indirectly sucking on knob?

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE(winodj @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 12:48 PM)
They searched her house I know that. Something tells me that it was a plant.

They said that the found finger was manicured. I can't imagine anyone paying for a manicure and not making a fuss about losing a finger making chili. Manicures ain't cheap ya know.

I had thought that it was plant.

Kind of like the "chicken head in the mcnuggets" plant by PETA awhile back.

OK.. this is just toooo weird..

http://www.ktvu.com/news/4358709/detail.html

Woman In Wendy's Chili Case Decides Not To Sue

POSTED: 6:58 pm PDT April 7, 2005

UPDATED: 12:11 pm PDT April 13, 2005

LAS VEGAS -- A woman who claimed she scooped up a human finger in her chili at a Wendy's restaurant has decided not to sue the fast-food chain.

Video

Video On Demand: Lloyd LaCuesta On New Developments In Wendy's Chili Investigation

Anna Ayala dropped her claim because it "has caused her great emotional distress and continues to be difficult emotionally," said her attorney, Jeffrey Janoff.

Ayala, 39, claimed she found the 11/2-inch long fingertip on March 22 while dining at a Wendy's restaurant in San Jose. She later filed a claim with the franchise owner, Fresno-based JEM Management Corp., which her attorney had said was the first step before filing a lawsuit.

Court records show Ayala has a history of making legal claims against corporations, including a former employer, General Motors and a fast-food restaurant. She acknowledged she received a settlement for medical costs several years ago after claiming that her daughter was sickened after eating at a Las Vegas restaurant.

Phone calls to Ayala's house in Las Vegas went unanswered Tuesday. Investigators searched her home last week as part of their probe into how a finger ended up in the chili.

San Jose police say they're investigating a possible connection between the finger and the owner of several exotic animals at Pahrump, Nev., who lost one of her fingers in a leopard attack on Feb. 23.

The San Jose Mercury-News said the finger would not be reattached and was returned to the woman, Sandy Allman. She has an unlisted number and could not be reached by The Associated Press for comment.

Wendy's spokesman Denny Lynch declined to comment on Ayala's decision to drop the lawsuit but said a reward hot line to receive tips will remain open. Wendy's has offered $50,000 to the first person who can provide verifiable information that identifies the origin of the finger.

"It's very important to us to find out what really happened at the restaurant," Lynch said. "We will continue to fully cooperate with the police investigation."

Wendy's maintains the finger did not come from any of its ingredients. None of the employees at the San Jose store had lost any fingers, and no suppliers of Wendy's ingredients reported any hand or finger injuries, the company said.

The Santa Clara County coroner's office used a partial fingerprint to search for a match in an electronic database but came up empty. DNA testing is still being conducted on the finger.

QUOTE(T R U @ Mar 25, 2005 -> 05:11 PM)

I see that you're eating spicy chicken sandwiches with no mayonnaise. Is that because you think you're fat? Because you're not...

Edited by hammerhead johnson

QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 25, 2005 -> 07:06 AM)

She got a lot of meat for .99 cents :lol: ; On a sidenote, if I think right this is a women thats sued a bunch of chains in the past for similar stuff.