NO Sox Coverage

Winnin Ugly

QUOTE(Winnin Ugly @ Mar 26, 2005 -> 09:30 AM)
I have notice in the Daily Southtown their has been no reports on the Sox the last few weeks from a beat writer ... They have been using the AP reports of the game..While the Cubs been having daily reports from their beat writer.. Does anyone know why this is...

I think their guy has cancer. I'm serious about this. Joe Cowley is his name and he went public about last November. I know they've been running the same stories about the Sox this spring as the SunTimes has - they're sister companies. So, I'm sure Cowley's illness has caused them some problems with covering the Sox.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 26, 2005 -> 10:31 AM)
But if more people came to the park, there will be more $$$ to raise payroll...

but people arent just going to magically come to the park, you raise the payroll for a better product and more people will come..

QUOTE(T R U @ Mar 26, 2005 -> 12:47 PM)
but people arent just going to magically come to the park, you raise the payroll for a better product and more people will come..

Were never gonna come to a solution so let's agree to disagree.

QUOTE(T R U @ Mar 26, 2005 -> 10:52 AM)
I know, because it could go back and forth like that forever..

Ive been through this argument with fellow fans many times. imho, if jerry has a chance at mid season to raise the payroll (assuming we are in a playoff hunt) he should do it.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Mar 26, 2005 -> 10:57 AM)
Ive been through this argument with fellow fans many times.  imho, if jerry has a chance at mid season to raise the payroll (assuming  we are in a playoff hunt) he should do it.

He has already said that payroll is not maxed out. If the Sox are in this in July, and have a weakness, they will add someone.

QUOTE(T R U @ Mar 26, 2005 -> 10:23 AM)
If we were able to have the same payroll as they have we could easily get more attention

If a frog had wings, it wouldn't bump its ass. :D

The fact is, more people care ( or are PERCEIVED to care ) about the Cubs than the Sox. Until this changes, the newspapers will do what they see as necessary to sell newspapers.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 26, 2005 -> 12:18 PM)
If a frog had wings, it wouldn't bump its ass. :D

The fact is, more people care ( or are PERCEIVED to care ) about the Cubs than the Sox. Until this changes, the newspapers will do what they see as necessary to sell newspapers.

if we had a 90+ payroll and had the superstar players they get im sure a lot more people would be interested in us too...

The Cubs sign LaTroy Hawkins

The Sox sign Cliff Politte

The Cubs trade for Nomar Garciaparra

The Sox trade for Robbie Alomar

QUOTE(T R U @ Mar 26, 2005 -> 12:21 PM)
if we had a 90+ payroll and had the superstar players they get im sure a lot more people would be interested in us too...

The Cubs sign LaTroy Hawkins

The Sox sign Cliff Politte

The Cubs trade for Nomar Garciaparra

The Sox trade for Robbie Alomar

You give the cubs big in season move but you just seemed to shrug off Freddy. Freddy was our big move not robbie.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 26, 2005 -> 12:27 PM)
You give the cubs big in season move but you just seemed to shrug off Freddy.  Freddy was our big move not robbie.

Yeah, but how many times does that happen? Not very often

what I showed was the basic way things go with us, we dont get superstar players

and even so, Freddy is not a superstar player.. hes not even really an ace

Edited by T R U

QUOTE(T R U @ Mar 26, 2005 -> 12:28 PM)
Yeah, but how many times does that happen? Not very often

what I showed was the basic way things go with us, we dont get superstar players

and even so, Freddy is not a superstar player.. hes not even really an ace

It happens pretty much every year.

We got Carl coming off an all-star first half

Colon

Wells

Garcia

KW makes his moves

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 26, 2005 -> 12:30 PM)
It happens pretty much every year.

We got Carl coming off an all-star first half

Colon

Wells

Garcia

KW makes his moves

If that helps you sleep at night, Im not gonna put on the sox colored glasses for this one

QUOTE(T R U @ Mar 26, 2005 -> 12:30 PM)
If that helps you sleep at night, Im not gonna put on the sox colored glasses for this one

:huh: He's right though. Since Kenny has been the gm the sox are always the ones who make the big splash, I don't understand what you're getting at here.