Bulls v. Pacers

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 26, 2005 -> 11:34 PM)
Guess what?  Shaq is averaging .67 steals-per-game. :headshake

Point is his defense is horrendous. I will find many scouting reports from many different places that will agree. His rebounding and shot blocking is disgusting. No one fears you when you just jumo on the the offensive said of the courst but not the defensive said. You know what skiles said curry's problem is on defense? Jumping and intensity.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 26, 2005 -> 11:38 PM)
I'll just say that Eddy is the 3rd highest scoring true center in the league behind shaq, yao, and z. ilgauskas, and it won't be long before z reinjures a foot...

Wouldn't that make him 4th? :P

Point is his defense is horrendous. I will find many scouting reports from many different places that will agree. His rebounding and shot blocking is disgusting. No one fears you when you just jumo on the the offensive said of the courst but not the defensive said. You know what skiles said curry's problem is on defense? Jumping and intensity.

You mentioned steals first, not his overall defense. I agree that his defense leave ALOT to be desired but that can improve with time. He is still young and he probably didn't even have to play defense in high school.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 26, 2005 -> 11:36 PM)
Do you want to re-sign Tyson Chander to be our center?  Just curious.

Platoon with someone like dalembert who will not be resigned by the 76's. Could you imagine chandler ( can be one of the best defensive players in many years much like ben wallace) and dalembert on the court at the same time?

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 26, 2005 -> 11:38 PM)
I'll just say that Eddy is the 3rd highest scoring true center in the league behind shaq, yao, and z. ilgauskas, and it won't be long before z reinjures a foot...

Do they rebound, block shots, and play good to awesome defense?

Ilgauskas has missed two games in three years now. So that makes no sense, he has been perfectly fine ever since injury.

Edited by qwerty

Platoon with someone like dalembert who will not be resigned by the 76's. Could you imagine chandler ( can be one of the best defensive players in many years much like ben wallace) and dalembert on the court at the same time?

And that would leave us with no scoring presence under the basket. If you watched Tyson tonight, you would see that. He gets the ball under the basket and doesn't even know what to do with it so he just stands there. He has no post-up move whatsoever. Eddy has Shaq-like touch around the basket. He can make shots even when defended well. What I really want to see is both Eddy and Tyson starting again. I want to see what they can do together now that Skiles has made them both work for it.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(qwerty @ Mar 27, 2005 -> 12:40 AM)
Do they rebound, block shots, and play good to awesome defense?

Yao leaves a lot to be desired too...Shaq is a freak, but only for a couple more years...Big Z is just waiting to suffer his next foot injury..

I saw improvement from Eddy this year, regardless of the inconsistent minutes...I think he can continue to improve...Let's keep him, but for THE RIGHT PRICE.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 26, 2005 -> 11:43 PM)
And that would leave us with no scoring presence under the basket.  If you watched Tyson tonight, you would see that.  He gets the ball under the basket and doesn't even know what to do with it so he just stands there.  He has no post-up move whatsoever.  Eddy has Shaq-like touch around the basket.  He can make shots even when defended well.

Offensive move can be taught and learned much easier than defense. Chandler's role has never been to score has it? Ever? You give him the entire summer to work on it you will see a much better improved chandler offensively.

Anyway, i will take curry back for half of what he is gonna get next year which will be max or very close to it.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 26, 2005 -> 11:43 PM)
Yao leaves a lot to be desired too...Shaq is a freak, but only for a couple more years...Big Z is just waiting to suffer his next foot injury..

I saw improvement from Eddy this year, regardless of the inconsistent minutes...I think he can continue to improve...Let's keep him, but for THE RIGHT PRICE.

Yao has improved each year... agreed on shaq... but there is no reason to believe that about ilgauskas.

Offensive move can be taught and learned much easier than defense. Chandler's role has never been to score has it? Ever? You give him the entire summer to work on it you will see a much better improved chandler offensively.

Anyway, i will take curry back for half of what he is gonna get next year which will be max or very close to it.

Chandler will never be the scorer under the basket that Curry is. Even though he's 7'1" he's only 235 pounds. He would have to seriously bulk up and learn a post-up move because all I see him do is stand under the basket and look for someone to pass the ball to.