Bulls v. Pacers

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(qwerty @ Mar 27, 2005 -> 12:46 AM)
Offensive move can be taught and learned much easier than defense. Chandler's role has never been to score has it? Ever? You give him the entire summer to work on it you will see a much better improved chandler offensively.

Anyway, i will take curry back for half of what he is gonna get next year which will be max or very close to it.

You do realize Chandler isn't expected to score because Eddy does, right?

Half of the max isn't enough though and you know that. Are we talking about Eddy or pike for that kind of money? I'll take pike back for half of half of what he's getting to high-five the guys as the come to the bench this year. Those are the only highlights I saw of him tonight.

Half of the max isn't enough though and you know that.  Are we talking about Eddy or pike for that kind of money?  I'll take pike back for half of half of what he's getting to high-five the guys as the come to the bench this year.  Those are the only highlights I saw of him tonight.

Wait a second... qwerty dogs on Curry but thinks Pike is a stud? :lol:

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 26, 2005 -> 11:49 PM)
Chandler will never be the scorer under the basket that Curry is.  Even though he's 7'1" he's only 235 pounds.  He would have to seriously bulk up and learn a post-up move because all I see him do is stand under the basket and look for someone to pass the ball to.

All we are looking for from chandler is to get easy put backs off of offensive rebounds and go to the line on occasion. We give him 35 minuts a game he will be just like ben wallace if you agree or not which many people do agree with that. If we get the same out of chandler as we get out of wallace no doubt in all hell that chandler would be >>> curry. Not many players in the nba more important to their team like wallace is. Defense wins championships.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 26, 2005 -> 11:50 PM)

Half of the max isn't enough though and you know that.  Are we talking about Eddy or pike for that kind of money?  I'll take pike back for half of half of what he's getting to high-five the guys as the come to the bench this year.  Those are the only highlights I saw of him tonight.

Once more many teams would kill to have pike on their team.

All we are looking for from chandler is to get easy put backs off of offensive rebounds and go to the line on occasion. We give him 35 minuts a game he will be just like ben wallace if you agree or not which many people do agree with that. If we get the same out of chandler as we get out of wallace no doubt in all hell that chandler would be >>> curry. Not many players in the nba more important to their team like wallace is. Defense wins championships.

I will take a good post-up move and shot over waiting and hoping for put-backs and tip-ins. If Tyson doesn't get those, he doesn't score. Eddy's defense can improve. The ideal thing would be to be able to sign both Eddy and Tyson but we probably won't be able to afford both.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 26, 2005 -> 11:56 PM)
I will take a good post-up move and shot over waiting and hoping for put-backs and tip-ins.  If Tyson doesn't get those, he doesn't score.  Eddy's defense can improve.

And Tyson's offense can't improve?

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 26, 2005 -> 11:56 PM)
I will take a good post-up move and shot over waiting and hoping for put-backs and tip-ins.  If Tyson doesn't get those, he doesn't score.  Eddy's defense can improve.

So you are saying you would take eddy curry over ben wallace?

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 26, 2005 -> 11:58 PM)
It can but he actually has to gain about 30 pounds of muscle.

Tyson Chandler is not Ben Wallace so this post means nothing.

Garnett needs to add 30 pounds too i guess.

If you gave him 35 minutes per game he would.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(qwerty @ Mar 27, 2005 -> 01:00 AM)

So lemme get this straight. He'll eat more and lift more weights if they give him 35 mpg?

How about taking a page from the Eddy Curry work ethic book and using the summer to add/lose weight? :P

Yeah, I considered green for that...

Garnett needs to add 30 pounds too i guess.

Yeah, Chandler is as skilled as Garnett. Nice comparison. :headshake

So lemme get this straight.  He'll eat more and lift more weights if they give him 35 mpg?

Good point. :lol:

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 27, 2005 -> 12:02 AM)
Yeah, Chandler is as skilled as Garnett.  Nice comparison. :headshake

Defensively? Yes. Offensively? No. You are acting like 30 pounds would be what he needs to be a good scorer. More like he needs and improved shot.

Defensively? Yes. Offensively? No. You are acting like 30 pounds would be what he needs to be a good scorer. More like he needs and improved shot.

Chandler would have to do something really drastic. The guy seriously looks clueless when he has the ball. He looks like he's scared and doesn't know what to do. I love his defense and put-backs but I cringe when he has the ball near the basket.