Bulls v. Pacers

QUOTE(qwerty @ Mar 27, 2005 -> 01:05 AM)
Chandler by the way has the best stamina on the team right behind hinrich. He can easily go for 35 minutes per game.... gordon on the other hand has a problem with 30.

I don't know what goes through Skiles' head, but I'm guessing he doesn't get those minutes because of his inability to score. It may be argued that it's because we need to utilize davis because of that contract, but Duhon would be the opposing argument.

I want to see both Eddy and Tyson playing side-by-side for 35-40+ a game...

And Gordon can handle 40+, but we all know his defense is hindering him. Let's not throw in stamina into the discussion.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chandler by the way has the best stamina on the team right behind hinrich. He can easily go for 35 minutes per game.... gordon on the other hand has a problem with 30.

Ben played 29 minutes, scored 20 points, and pulled down 4 rebounds.

Tyson played 23 minutes, scored 3 points, and pulled down 7 rebounds.

Each has their own role but I know which one I'd rather keep if I had to make a choice.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 27, 2005 -> 12:09 AM)
And Gordon can handle 40+, but we all know his defense is hindering him.  Let's not throw in stamina into the discussion.

No. He has said that he needs to work on conditioning in the summer. He knows the playing time is right around the corner he just needs to get the stamina and defense better.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 27, 2005 -> 01:10 AM)
Ben played 29 minutes, scored 20 points, and pulled down 4 rebounds.

Tyson played 23 minutes, scored 3 points, and pulled down 7 rebounds.

Each has their own role but I know which one I'd rather keep if I had to make a choice.

Are you trying to bring logic into this argument? :P

pike > Gordon

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 27, 2005 -> 12:16 AM)
Great site.

Those numbers mean nothing to me.  I'd rather go by what I see on the court.  Othella has been a positive, but those numbers overexaggerate his contributions.  He gets the minutes he should be getting for a player of his caliber.

Curry scoring well and the nothing else he does well means nothing to me. Guess we are even.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 27, 2005 -> 12:19 AM)
What was the point of that link?

One system that shows curry's contributions compared to others. Not all agree with it and i am not the biggest fan of it either ( the +/-) but it does have so,e damn interesting stats.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 27, 2005 -> 05:39 AM)
You mentioned steals first, not his overall defense.  I agree that his defense leave ALOT to be desired but that can improve with time.  He is still young and he probably didn't even have to play defense in high school.

I'm sorry, just saw the rest of the thread now -- but, Eddie's old enough to know that you must box out when a shot goes up, and he does an absolutely horrendous job of boxing out. Sooner or later, we'll have to realize that Eddie is what he is, a (potential) offensive beast who does everything else below average to average...

I'm sorry, just saw the rest of the thread now -- but, Eddie's old enough to know that you must box out when a shot goes up, and he does an absolutely horrendous job of boxing out.  Sooner or later, we'll have to realize that Eddie is what he is, a (potential) offensive beast who does everything else below average to average...

Maybe, maybe not. If Chandler's offense can improve, I don't see why Curry's defense can't improve.

Is there any way we can just fuse Eddy and Tyson into one all-around great player? :bang

I'm curious as to why so many people are quick to bash Jon Garland but play the youth card on Eddy Curry.

Garland at least pitched in the minors. Eddy only played in high school. It would be a fair comparison had Eddy played in college.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 27, 2005 -> 12:30 AM)
Maybe, maybe not.  If Chandler's offense can improve, I don't see why Curry's defense can't improve.

Is there any way we can just fuse Eddy and Tyson into one all-around great player? :bang

No one said it can't. But offense is generally easier to improve upon they defense is. Most really good defensive guys always have had it. Not all good shooters have always had a shot.

Oh, and i agree about curry/chandler fusion.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 27, 2005 -> 06:29 AM)
Maybe, maybe not.  If Chandler's offense can improve, I don't see why Curry's defense can't improve.

Garland at least pitched in the minors.  Eddy only played in high school.  It would be a fair comparison had Eddy played in college.

OK, good, at least you're accepting that.

I was starting to only one side of the double-edged sword there -- in that, I was seeing people say that Chandler couldn't improve offensively, but Curry could improve defensively -- and vice versa.

As a basketball player myself, defensive is pretty much about 'want', and heart, unless you have the unfortunate task of guarding a guy that really, really outsizes you -- and offense is something that needs to be groomed, worked on, over the offseason.

If Chandler can improve even the slightest offensively, maybe just develop a little bit of a low-post game, I'd say his value is much higher than Curry's. But at this point, he's just a hard-worker who wants it more than the average player.

I don't follow the Bulls as much as most of you -- will it, in the future, really be a situation where the Bulls will not be able to keep some of this current core? I love how Gordon and Deng and Hinrich and Curry and Chandler and the rest of them are doing, but won't they be getting awfully pricy (if they keep this up) in the next 4-5 years?

I don't follow the Bulls as much as most of you -- will it, in the future, really be a situation where the Bulls will not be able to keep some of this current core?  I love how Gordon and Deng and Hinrich and Curry and Chandler and the rest of them are doing, but won't they be getting awfully pricy (if they keep this up) in the next 4-5 years?

Yep, it sucks doesn't it? We finally draft all these great players but probably won't be able to keep them all when payday comes. It's sad that there's actually a negative to drafting so many good players.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 27, 2005 -> 12:39 AM)
Yep, it sucks doesn't it?  We finally draft all these great players but probably won't be able to keep them all when payday comes.  It's sad that there's actually a negative to drafting so many good players.

Thing is they will have bird years with us therefore we will be able to sign them all and go over the cap, just not anyone else.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 27, 2005 -> 12:36 AM)
I don't follow the Bulls as much as most of you -- will it, in the future, really be a situation where the Bulls will not be able to keep some of this current core?  I love how Gordon and Deng and Hinrich and Curry and Chandler and the rest of them are doing, but won't they be getting awfully pricy (if they keep this up) in the next 4-5 years?

Well by then curry and chandler will be up for a new contract since the cba will be shortening the contract lengths Hinrich? I like him but wouldn't mind if we get a new point guard by then. Four to five years from now i see the order of money they get like this... curry, chandler/deng ( think they will be really close), hinrich and then gordon unless he really developes some defense, passing, handles ( talking turnovers, like losing the ball, i know his dribbling skills are insane at times). Hell his basketball iq needs to improve period.

Well by then curry and chandler will be up for a new contract since the cba will be shortening the contract lengths Hinrich? I like him but wouldn't mind if we get a new point guard by then. Four to five years from now i see the order of money they get like this... curry, chandler/deng ( think they will be really close), hinrich and then gordon unless he really developes some defense, passing, handles ( talking turnovers, like losing the ball, i know his dribbling skills are insane at times). Hell his basketball iq needs to improve period.

I agree with you there. Gordon seems to get massive brain farts every now and then and makes horrible passes like the one he made tonight.

Curry scored 18 points in the 1st quarter and basicly carried our offense he would of probably been over 30 if it wasnt for the minor injury.

And as far as comparing Pike's rebounds vs. Curry's... you guys really need to watch the game actually. See how they actually get the rebounds like if its one that just falls right to them or basicly 2 or 3 bulls players could of grabbed it b4 the other team could.

on the other hand Curry's rebounds while not plenty were hard earned ones.

Curry scored 18 points in the 1st quarter and basicly carried our offense he would of probably been over 30 if it wasnt for the minor injury.

And as far as comparing Pike's rebounds vs. Curry's... you guys really need to watch the game actually.  See how they actually get the rebounds like if its one that just falls right to them or basicly 2 or 3 bulls players could of grabbed it b4 the other team could.

on the other hand Curry's rebounds while not plenty were hard earned ones.

NO! CURRY SUCKS! We don't need a true center on this team! :headshake

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 27, 2005 -> 02:57 AM)
NO!  CURRY SUCKS!  We don't need a true center on this team! :headshake

When we find one let me know.

Who compared pike's rebounding to curry's?

Edited by qwerty