Bulls v. Pacers

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 27, 2005 -> 06:29 AM)
Maybe, maybe not.  If Chandler's offense can improve, I don't see why Curry's defense can't improve.

You can't see why Curry's defense and rebounding can't improve?

Does the motherf***er look motivated to you? And ain't he in a contract year???? Do I need to post the list of 12+ shooting guards in this league who average more rebounds per game than Curry does? People are actually playing the age card?

Outside of death, there's nothing that I fear more in life than bad basketball talk.

The lack of recognition in regards to Tyson Chandler's defensive freak status is what disturbs me the most. Again, for like the millionth time, CHANDLER IS NOT AN OFFENSIVE OPTION. His job on offense is to set picks and crash the offensive boards.

And for those who are unaware, setting picks and grabbing offensive boards creates offense. When Chandler forces a turnover, that creates offense via the fast break or what have you. It's the little things that win ballgames.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Mar 27, 2005 -> 02:22 PM)
You can't see why Curry's defense and rebounding can't improve?

Does the motherf***er look motivated to you?  And ain't he in a contract year????  Do I need to post the list of 12+ shooting guards in this league who average more rebounds per game than Curry does?  People are actually playing the age card? 

Outside of death, there's nothing that I fear more in life than bad basketball talk.

The lack of recognition in regards to Tyson Chandler's defensive freak status is what disturbs me the most.  Again, for like the millionth time, CHANDLER IS NOT AN OFFENSIVE OPTION.  His job on offense is to set picks and crash the offensive boards. 

And for those who are unaware, setting picks and grabbing offensive boards creates offense.  When Chandler forces a turnover, that creates offense via the fast break or what have you.  It's the little things that win ballgames.

So you dislike Curry. We get it.

But I'm not too happy about trading a former number one pick for a number two pick that "IS NOT AN OFFENSIVE OPTION." I mean, c'mon, learn a damn offensive move. He looks lost with the ball in his hands.

Once again, Eddy being an offensive player allows Chandler to focus on defensive.

If the Bulls can secure a viable center who will help them win and be a better option than Curry, than by all means make it happen. If not, then why let him go? Because some Bulls fans hate him?

If he improved from last year to this year, he can make some more improvement. There's no rule that says he's going to suck in a non-contract year. The Bulls chose him with a number four pick. Let's not just waste that away. Centers aren't exactly easy to come by, and I only want to see him go if the right moves can be made to take care of that position.

Hating on Eddy and glorifying Chandler isn't the best basketball talk either. Both have glaring deficiencies, and, frankly, I'm equally dissatisfied by both of them. I tolerate them when they help us win, and in my eyes what they bring to the team and their deficiencies are essentially equal.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 27, 2005 -> 08:10 PM)
So you dislike Curry.  We get it.

But I'm not too happy about trading a former number one pick for a number two pick that "IS NOT AN OFFENSIVE OPTION."  I mean, c'mon, learn a damn offensive move.  He looks lost with the ball in his hands.

Once again, Eddy being an offensive player allows Chandler to focus on defensive. 

If the Bulls can secure a viable center who will help them win and be a better option than Curry, than by all means make it happen.  If not, then why let him go?  Because some Bulls fans hate him?

If he improved from last year to this year, he can make some more improvement.  There's no rule that says he's going to suck in a non-contract year. The Bulls chose him with a number four pick.  Let's not just waste that away.  Centers aren't exactly easy to come by, and I only want to see him go if the right moves can be made to take care of that position.

Hating on Eddy and glorifying Chandler isn't the best basketball talk either.  Both have glaring deficiencies, and, frankly, I'm equally dissatisfied by both of them.  I tolerate them when they help us win, and in my eyes what they bring to the team and their deficiencies are essentially equal.

Good post, but you have to admit it is quite the coincidence that he gets in shape and has the best year of his nba career when a pay day is right around the corner.

i think more people like Chandler because of 2 reasons

1. He hustles more than anyone else on the court.

2. They expect less from him.

Now dont get me wrong i love Chandler as much as the next guy but the lack of critisizm he gets compared to Curry who I think as the season progresses his defense has actually been looking better lately and him and Tyson work out with each other trying to help one another on their weaknesses. The fact is Curry has tried this year he worked out just as much as Chandler did and while it might be his contract year you dont know its because of his contract year.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Mar 27, 2005 -> 09:46 PM)
The fact is Curry has tried this year he worked out just as much as Chandler did and while it might be his contract year you dont know its because of his contract year.

Yes i do. It is as clear as day.

what?? you hate Curry obviously and even things that he does positive you look down upon and just bring up what he didnt do.... its almost pathetic how you let your hate for a player that you dont even know get in the way of rational thinking.

Curry isnt a rebounder thats a given, but there are plenty of players that are just scorers and they get paid a lot of money to do it.

Im sorry but if all we have is your favorite Dalembert and Chandler... our offense is going to suck ass and we will be back to those 20 win seasons. While many of the Kirk lovers will disagree the biggest factor of this current team is Curry love or hate him.

im done arguing to because no matter what you just going to come up with some stupid s*** to say about Curry no point in wasting more of my time... and BTW im not even a big Curry fan either but your hate for him is just so dumb.

Edited by SoxFan101

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Mar 27, 2005 -> 10:27 PM)
what?? you hate Curry obviously and even things that he does positive you look down upon and just bring up what he didnt do.... its almost pathetic how you let your hate for a player that you dont even know get in the way of rational thinking.

Curry isnt a rebounder thats a given,  but there are plenty of players that are just scorers and they get paid a lot of money to do it.

Im sorry but if all we have is your favorite Dalembert and Chandler... our offense is going to suck ass and we will be back to those 20 win seasons.  While many of the Kirk lovers will disagree the biggest factor of this current team is Curry love or hate him.

I don't know curry? I am willing to bet you just started watching the bulls again. I have been watching the the bulls before the dynasty ever since. I have missed maybe five games a year in the last 10 years. That may have been one of the most f***ing retarded things i have ever heard. I have said it many times you do not pay a player that does one thing well and everything else below average what he is gonna get.

Players that are paid a s*** load of money to score can do something else other than just score. They can at least play decent to good to great defense alogn with passing..etc. Our offense already blows and if we got dalembert while trading curry for a pick or another cheap player we would obviously have many to upgrade else where.

For whoever said that we have expected less from chandler than curry is bulls***. We expected curry to be a good scorer along with above average every else. Chandler was suppose to be one of the best big defensive minded players coming out of the draft in a while. He clearly did not get drafted because of his awesome offense. Like i said before his role on offense is to get soem put backs and go to the line. I along with every one else would like him to devlope a nice 15-18 foot shot but if that doesn't happen i will not cry over it.

Both rodman and wallace had horrendous shots and are both some of the best defenders to ever play in the nba. Are you telling me you guys would take an eddy curry over either of those two players? if anyone does they are f***ing insane and need to get soem help. I know once more that someone will say ''well chandler is not either of those two players''. This may be true at this stage because of lack of minutes. You expand all of chandler''s minutes per 48 and then do the same with wallace guess whos is better?

Now that i think about it maybe as a whole we did expect more out of curry considering who has has always been compared to and you can tell he has a s*** load of talent. Thing that is holding him back is he is as lazy as hell on the defensive side of the court.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Mar 27, 2005 -> 10:45 PM)
I don't know curry? I am willing to bet you just started watching the bulls again. I have been watching the the bulls before the dynasty ever since. I have missed maybe five games a year in the last 10 years. That may have been one of the most f***ing retarded things i have ever heard. I have said it many times you do not pay a player that does one thing well and everything else below average what he is gonna get.

Players that are paid a s*** load of money to score can do something else other than just score. They can at least play decent  to good to great defense alogn with passing..etc. Our offense already blows and if we got dalembert while trading curry for a pick or another cheap player we would obviously have many to upgrade else where.

For whoever said that we have expected less from chandler than curry is bulls***. We expected curry to be a good scorer along with above average every else. Chandler was suppose to be one of the best big defensive minded players coming out of the draft in a while. He clearly did not get drafted because of his awesome offense. Like i said before his role on offense is to get soem put backs and go to the line. I along with every one else would like him to devlope a nice 15-18 foot shot but if that doesn't happen i will not cry over it.

Both rodman and wallace had horrendous shots and are both some of the best defenders to ever play in the nba. Are you telling me you guys would take an eddy curry over either of those two players?  if anyone does they are f***ing insane and need to get soem help. I know once more that someone will say ''well chandler is not either of those two players''. This may be true at this stage because of lack of minutes. You expand all of chandler''s minutes per 48 and then do the same with wallace guess whos is better?

Now that i think about it maybe as a whole we did expect more out of curry considering who has has always been compared to and you can tell he has a s*** load of talent. Thing that is holding him back is he is as lazy as hell on the defensive side of the court.

:headbang :notworthy

Man I haven't been invovled in this thread yet and it looks like I've missed out on all of the fun. To those who think Eddy Curry is going to contribute after this season, in his contract year, take a look at the likes of Michael Stewart, Jerome James, Calvin Booth and Erick Dampier to show that handing out big fat contracts to big fat guys who don't rebound or play defense isn't a wise move. Sign Dalembert, sign Marshall and move on.

I don't know curry? I am willing to bet you just started watching the bulls again. I have been watching the the bulls before the dynasty ever since. I have missed maybe five games a year in the last 10 years.

At least you didn't say you were watching the Bulls in 1990-91, 1991-92, 1992-93 considering you were born in 1986. :lol:

By the way, since I actually WAS watching the Bulls during those years does that make my opinion more valid than yours?

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 04:27 AM)

You don't have to know a guy personally to determine whether he's wack or not.

Curry isnt a rebounder thats a given, but there are plenty of players that are just scorers and they get paid a lot of money to do it.

Yep, and none of them guys have rings. :D

Im sorry but if all we have is your favorite Dalembert and Chandler... our offense is going to suck ass and we will be back to those 20 win seasons..

Dalembert and Chandler don't have to be on the floor together all that much through the first three quarters. And besides, Sammy ain't gonna demand that much money on the open market. I dunno, maybe 5 to 6 million?

While many of the Kirk lovers will disagree the biggest factor of this current team is Curry love or hate him.

In the bizarro world, this may very well be the case.

im done arguing to because no matter what you just going to come up with some stupid s*** to say about Curry no point in wasting more of my time... and BTW im not even a big Curry fan either but your hate for him is just so dumb.

Can't we all just recognize a scrub when we see one? Is it that hard to criticize one of your own? What were your thoughts on Jalen Rose when he was in a Bulls uniform? Jamal Crawford? Don't tell me that you were defending those guys as well.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 04:45 AM)
Both rodman and wallace had horrendous shots and are both some of the best defenders to ever play in the nba. Are you telling me you guys would take an eddy curry over either of those two players?  if anyone does they are f***ing insane and need to get soem help.

Exactly. Chandler has the makings of a defensive legend. Oh man, when he peaks? It's gonna be a beautiful thing.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Mar 27, 2005 -> 11:24 PM)
When he said i player i do not even i know i take as i do not watch the bulls or am a band wagon fan which is far from the case. That pissed me off a lot. Was not directing anything towards you.

STFU we all know you just started watching this year.