Sox vs Seattle 3/27

BHAMBARONS

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ Mar 27, 2005 -> 03:58 PM)
Ichiro takes an 0-2 pitch into left center.  10-7.  I think it was a double.  Winn up.  Politte absolutely scares me.

This is not what I had in mind for politte I can't watch the sox's on a daily basis but this has to be a major concern

Is Cliff's spot on the team for certain or is he still on the bubble

With his salary, I would say his spot is guaranteed...

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...r_cws&fext=.jsp

Under terms of the contract, Politte (pronounced Po-LEET) will receive $800,000 in 2004 with the club option for $1.3 million in 2005.

I seriously doubt we pick up his $1.3 million option for next year though. He damn sure isn't worth it.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Mar 27, 2005 -> 06:03 PM)
Is Cliff's spot on the team for certain or is he still on the bubble

I'll bet they are giving him a lot of slack due to his being a hard throwing fly ball pitcher in the thin air. He gives me the "willies", no matter where he is pitching. New Mariner pitcher. Aaron Troila. Perez up. Lead-off single to left on a full count. Ben Davis up.

It is 2005.

Doh. I missed that. :bang

I believe we re-structured Politte's contract though. Let me look for it.

EDIT: Yep...

http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/p...ort=MLB&id=5960

Latest News  Oct. 4, 2004 - 3:17 pm et

White Sox signed RHP Cliff Politte to a one-year, $1 million contract with an option for 2006.

The White Sox had indicated they'd pick up Politte's option, but this is better. No one else was going to pay Politte $1.3 million after a second straight disappointing season, so there was no reason for the White Sox to do so. Instead, he'll get $900,000 in 2005 and the White Sox will hold a $1.2 million option for 2006 with a $100,000 buyout. Politte had a 4.38 ERA in 54 relief appearances this year before undergoing an appendectomy on Sept. 1.

Well, we damn sure aren't going to pick up Politte's $1.2 million option for next season unless he has a great year.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 27, 2005 -> 04:11 PM)
Doh.  I missed that. :bang

I believe we re-structured Politte's contract though.  Let me look for it.

White Sox signed RHP Cliff Politte to a one-year, $1 million contract with an option for 2006. The White Sox had indicated they'd pick up Politte's option, but this is better. No one else was going to pay Politte $1.3 million after a second straight disappointing season, so there was no reason for the White Sox to do so. Instead, he'll get $900,000 in 2005 and the White Sox will hold a $1.2 million option for 2006 with a $100,000 buyout. Politte had a 4.38 ERA in 54 relief appearances this year before undergoing an appendectomy on Sept. 1

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ Mar 27, 2005 -> 04:13 PM)
Gooch flies out to Bloomquist in center on a great catch and Perez scores.  Bloomquist then makes another fine play on a long fly ball from Rowand.  Bottom of the 6th coming up.  10-8.

Great catch by Willie, But that is Small ball. Get them on Get them over and Get them In