No soccer talk?

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 27, 2005 -> 08:13 PM)
Well, I wasn't really expecting to see a thread about it, but I might as well throw it out there to see if anybody else watched the game.

It was an excellent World Cup qualifier game today between USA and Mexico played in Mexico with Mexico winning 2-1.

The Next qualifer will be in BHAM!! @ Legion Feild. I hate that place though. But I will still go

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 01:02 AM)
I don't consider soccer a sport. :lol:

I consider it the ultimate sport when played at the highest level. Certainly enjoyable to watch. The majority of the world seems to agree...

Don't get me started on golf and nascar. :P

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 12:05 AM)
I consider it the ultimate sport when played at the highest level.  Certainly enjoyable to watch.  The majority of the world seems to agree...

f*** the majority of the world. Hooray America! :usa

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 06:05 AM)
I consider it the ultimate sport when played at the highest level.  Certainly enjoyable to watch.  The majority of the world seems to agree...

Don't worry about it SleepyWhiteSox, I get the same response when I post something about hockey. Some people don't realize that those two sports are huge in places not named America.

And, while I'm not a fan of soccer myself, I certainly respect those players. They gotta be in some real, real good shape -- the soccer field is friggin' huge. And, I saw highlights of the game. I guess it was pretty intense, huh? Didn't the Mexican coach get kicked out as well as one of their players?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 01:38 PM)
Don't worry about it SleepyWhiteSox, I get the same response when I post something about hockey.  Some people don't realize that those two sports are huge in places not named America.

And, while I'm not a fan of soccer myself, I certainly respect those players.  They gotta be in some real, real good shape -- the soccer field is friggin' huge.  And, I saw highlights of the game.  I guess it was pretty intense, huh?  Didn't the Mexican coach get kicked out as well as one of their players?

Agreed. I've really gotten into soccer, since I've been at IU. I used to really only get into it around the World Cups, or what not. However, I've it's a real solid sport to watch. Crowds are big here for the games. Also, it's not too bad watching a team with back-to-back championships, and 7 championships overall. ;)

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 12:44 PM)
Agreed.  I've really gotten into soccer, since I've been at IU.  I used to really only get into it around the World Cups, or what not.  However, I've it's a real solid sport to watch.  Crowds are big here for the games.  Also, it's not too bad watching a team with back-to-back championships, and 7 championships overall.    ;)

And it sure helps when the basketball team has stunk it up for a couple of years now :lol:

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 12:05 AM)

You mean Golf..where they hit a little ball into a little hole a few hundred yards away?

You mean Nascar.....where they drive around in circles and stop for gas every now and again?

Gotcha!

QUOTE(ChiSox_Sonix @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 11:49 AM)
FWIW, the U.S. beat Guatemala 2-0 on goals by Johnson (his 8th in 8 career games) and Ralston. They are now one point behind Mexico for first in the region through 3 games

That was good game yesterday, I have to admit I am not a soccer fan but I left there impressed. :usa

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 12:00 PM)
That was good game yesterday, I have to admit I am not a soccer fan but I  left there impressed. :usa

I missed the first half, but the 2nd half was quality soccer. Not usually something you see when the US is playing Guatemala. A lot of solid attacks for the US when they were trying to get that 2nd goal. It's fun to watch when the US plays these Central American countries and just dominates play pushing to get that goal or 2. This is true of any soccer game when one team is far superior. Soccer is a solid sport, you have to learn what is going on though otherwise it just seems monotonous.

The real news is Serbia and Montenegro tying Spain 0-0 in a thriller. Kezman missed an open goal that bounced off the cross-bar. Serbia leads the Group with 11 pts, Spain in 2nd with 9, and 2 teams tied for 3rd with 7.

GO SERBIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 10:19 PM)
The real news is Serbia and Montenegro tying Spain 0-0 in a thriller. Kezman missed an open goal that bounced off the cross-bar. Serbia leads the Group with 11 pts, Spain in 2nd with 9, and 2 teams tied for 3rd with 7.

GO SERBIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy hell that is a huge upset, but I'm sure the soccer haters are laughing at the 0-0 thriller. The thing about those games is that it's fun to watch them while they are happening, but then when it's over you realize it's 0-0 and think 'aw f*** what a rip, no goals.'