Ozzie mad about lackluster pitching

southsider2k5

As predicted in the last two game threads, he is not taking the subpar performance from the last few games lying down.

The dog days of spring training is one thing. This is now the last week and things should get turned up a notch, come out of the gate running on 4/4.

What has Cooper been doing with Contreras and Politte, get on their ass and get these things fixed. It's the same problems as last year ... Politte tries too hard and ends up grooving everything, and Contreras tips his pitches. As best I can tell, they're giving these guys too much latitude to fix their own issues. Shorten up the leash until they start doing things right.

I hope, and think a lot of this has to do with pitchters concentrating/working on pitches they aren't very adept at throwing...we will find out soon, because usually, in the final week of ST, they start going back to what they are good at, so we 'should' see better performances this week.

If not, I really hope it's just the thin air out there, because otherwise we are in some trouble.

QUOTE(JimH @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 09:37 AM)
As predicted in the last two game threads, he is not taking the subpar performance from the last few games lying down.

The dog days of spring training is one thing.  This is now the last week and things should get turned up a notch, come out of the gate running on 4/4.

What has Cooper been doing with Contreras and Politte, get on their ass and get these things fixed.  It's the same problems as last year ... Politte tries too hard and ends up grooving everything, and Contreras tips his pitches.  As best I can tell, they're giving these guys too much latitude to fix their own issues.  Shorten up the leash until they start doing things right.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 10:57 AM)
Ozzie needs to get pissed.  It's time to start playing winning baseball.

:notworthy We can't afford a slow first month from anyone, especially our pitchers. It's time to start getting on these guys and making sure they're ready for next Monday and the next couple of months.

QUOTE(Brian @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 11:19 AM)
What? No mention of the thin air of AZ?

Slight hijack:

The two matches in your sig will be the only reasons to watch WrestleMania.

I doubt they put the strap on Dave, but if they do it'll be a VERY short title run.

Back on track:

Cliff Pollitte has looked pretty damn bad every time I've seen him.

His fastball looks straight as an arrow, and unless you throw a 98mph dart you're gonna get smacked around. He better get it turned around quick.

This is a bit of a deadhorse that was explored many times over on this board, btu I reiterate my opinion that if we can't get Cooper to fix Contreras' tipping problems-we need to get someone who can.

No, we need to get rid of the pitcher.. For someone who soooooo good, and making the cash that he does there is no reason to be tipping his pitches.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 11:41 AM)
Slight hijack:

The two matches in your sig will be the only reasons to watch WrestleMania.

I doubt they put the strap on Dave, but if they do it'll be a VERY short title run.

Back on track:

Cliff Pollitte has looked pretty damn bad every time I've seen him.

His fastball looks straight as an arrow, and unless you throw a 98mph dart you're gonna get smacked around. He better get it turned around quick.

You mean there is actually a reason to watch that crap?

Politte will be Politte. Mid 4's era. Good thing we aren't relying heavily on him.

And, if Kenny is really, really unimpressed by Contreras, what teams would/could possibly have interest in him?

The only team that keeps popping into my head is Texas, and that's only because they seem to be so desperate for pitching. But, they have really nothing we could use (Blaylock?), meaning we'd have to get players from them who we could then deal to another team...

It could be a real long season if Contreras doesn't get his head out of his ass...

QUOTE(sircaffey @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 12:29 PM)
You mean there is actually a reason to watch that crap?

Politte will be Politte.  Mid 4's era.  Good thing we aren't relying heavily on him.

Those two matches will be entertaining, in my opinion. You don't agree, that's fine.

I'm glad the Sox got Hermanson and Vizcaino to reduce the reliance on Pollitte. I'm much more comfortable with him as the 4th righty option out of the pen, basically the Mike Jackson role.

Edited by The Critic

Big Dave will get the title.

And Shawn Michael Hickenbottom vs Kurt Angle is a minor reason to watch, although they will put on a good match, there isn't much substance there for me. Rey vs Eddie will steal the show. Dave and Hunter Hearst the Blue Blood "I'm the worst draw in wrestling history and I married the bosses daughter in the best move I could have made" Levisque are the main reason to watch, but only because of Big Dave...however, not reason enough.

Wrestling is at it's worst point in many years, most of these guys are devoid of talent and on TV merely because they are overbloated roid pumpers who VKM seems addicted to seeing.

This is the most horrible WM card in the history of WM.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 12:54 PM)
Those two matches will be entertaining, in my opinion. You don't agree, that's fine.

I'm glad the Sox got Hermanson and Vizcaino to reduce the reliance on Pollitte. I'm much more comfortable with him as the 4th righty option out of the pen, basically the Mike Jackson role.

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 01:06 PM)
Big Dave will get the title.

And Shawn Michael Hickenbottom vs Kurt Angle is a minor reason to watch, although they will put on a good match, there isn't much substance there for me.  Rey vs Eddie will steal the show.  Dave and Hunter Hearst the Blue Blood "I'm the worst draw in wrestling history and I married the bosses daughter in the best move I could have made" Levisque are the main reason to watch, but only because of Big Dave...however, not reason enough.

Wrestling is at it's worst point in many years, most of these guys are devoid of talent and on TV merely because they are overbloated roid pumpers who VKM seems addicted to seeing.

This is the most horrible WM card in the history of WM.

It's actually Michael Shawn Hickenbottom.....with a surname like Hickenbottom, I'd get a stage name too! I agree with you, Vince has ruined the business with roid monsters who couldn't promo their way out of a wet paper sack. I'd much rather have a guy like Foley who cracks me up than a bunch of "genetic freaks".

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 01:22 PM)
possibly the worst reason to hijack a thread would be to talk about wrestling.......... :headshake

I can think of worse hijack themes - college sports, NASCAR, fantasy sports....of course, that's just my opinion, which is no more correct or incorrect than anyone else's....

Ah yes, you are right, I can't believe I reversed his name! :D

I've loved wrestling my entire life, but it's definatly at a low point...it was once highly entertaining, say...during the 97' nWo era...that was fun stuff. :D

QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 01:54 PM)
It's actually Michael Shawn Hickenbottom.....with a surname like Hickenbottom, I'd get a stage name too! I agree with you, Vince has ruined the business with roid monsters who couldn't promo their way out of a wet paper sack. I'd much rather have a guy like Foley who cracks me up than a bunch of "genetic freaks".