Peer to Peer Sharing

Texsox

QUOTE(Wong & Owens @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 04:13 PM)
I use Limewire and IMesh.  Are those legal?  I can't keep track anymore.

They are all legal, depending on what you are downloading. If you are exchanging family videos, like I'm doing they are legal. If you are trying to find Steve Dahl's Disco Demolition DVD on one of those services, it isn't.

Which reminds me, anyone seen the Disco Demolition DVD?

I have no idea what's legal or not in Canada but I pretend to be safe by using Peer Guardian. It's kind of cool using this because you can see who's trying to hack into your computer while dl'ing. I get the weirdest places too.

I use torrentspy.com for movies and btefnet.net for television shows.

I'm sticking it to the man!

QUOTE(Texsox @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 05:17 PM)
They are all legal, depending on what you are downloading. If you are exchanging family videos, like I'm doing they are legal. If you are trying to find Steve Dahl's Disco Demolition DVD on one of those services, it isn't.

Which reminds me, anyone seen the Disco Demolition DVD?

I only use them to download music. I guess I'm a criminal then?

QUOTE(Texsox @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 03:52 PM)
Anyone using Bit Torrent (for legal purposes)? How do you like it? What are some of the best places to find legal links?

I have it downloaded, but haven't used it but a couple times. I don't even download songs anymore from any of the P2P programs anymore..Just use allofmp3 cause the songs are so damn cheap and you get top quality...I downoaded some live shows from Warez...

What do ya want to downlaod?

QUOTE(Wong & Owens @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 04:25 PM)
I only use them to download music.  I guess I'm a criminal then?

Yeah. You certainly are. Soon an FBI swat team will crash through your windows and take you into custody for the unspeakable crime of downloading music.

Dont you realize that by illegally downloading music you are keeping rappers from their dream of 32 platinum teeth?

Dont you realize that your criminal activity is preventing Lars Ulrich from having a Humvee AND a jaguar for every day of the week?

Can't you see that because of people like you popular musicians are forced to live on a paltry 7 figure income?!?!?!?

HOW COULD YOU!!!

OHHHHH THE HUMANITY!!!

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 07:23 AM)
Yeah.  You certainly are.  Soon an FBI swat team will crash through your windows and take you into custody for the unspeakable crime of downloading music.

Dont you realize that by illegally downloading music you are keeping rappers from their dream of 32 platinum teeth?

Dont you realize that your criminal activity is preventing Lars Ulrich from having a Humvee AND a jaguar for every day of the week?

Can't you see that because of people like you popular musicians are forced to live on a paltry 7 figure income?!?!?!?

HOW COULD YOU!!!

OHHHHH  THE HUMANITY!!!

:lol:

Nice one Nuke