What if no one went pro

The thing is this gets really interesting as the NBA is talking about raising the floor age to 20 in their next CBA. The players seem to be in favor of it also, as no one wants to lose their job to an 18 year old who won't play at all for a couple of years anyway.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 01:25 PM)
The thing is this gets really interesting as the NBA is talking about raising the floor age to 20 in their next CBA.  The players seem to be in favor of it also, as no one wants to lose their job to an 18 year old who won't play at all for a couple of years anyway.

I am mixed on it, especially due to the past few years which proved that guys like Amare and LeBron are definitely ready for the show.

I hate when kids jump early. I agree some guys are ready for it. But it just seems like the money is pulling these kids out early, whether they are ready or not. I'm biased as hell because i love the NCAA and hate the NBA, so i want everyone to stay. But i guess people have to do what's right for them.

There was an entire article like this in SI-on campus a few weeks ago. They did a whole fantasy bracket.

EDIT: I really need to click links before commenting

In the SI one, they had lebron going to Ohio St. and had them winning it all though.

Edited by Soxnbears01

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 12:25 PM)
The thing is this gets really interesting as the NBA is talking about raising the floor age to 20 in their next CBA.  The players seem to be in favor of it also, as no one wants to lose their job to an 18 year old who won't play at all for a couple of years anyway.

They try this every other year or so and it fails time and time again.

I see no reason to believe they would get it pushed through this time around. -_-

Edited by AddisonStSox

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 03:11 PM)
They try this every other year or so and it fails time and time again. 

I see no reason to believe they would get it pushed through this time around. -_-

The big difference this time is that the players now want it. Funny how your attitude changes when you lose your million dollar a year job to an 18 year old.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 03:15 PM)
The big difference this time is that the players now want it.  Funny how your attitude changes when you lose your million dollar a year job to an 18 year old.

We'll see if that makes a difference in a court of law.

It might, but I just don't see it happening.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 02:08 PM)
There was an entire article like this in SI-on campus a few weeks ago.  They did a whole fantasy bracket.

EDIT: I really need to click links before commenting

In the SI one, they had lebron going to Ohio St. and had them winning it all though.

That was really cool. They had the best photoshop people ever behind that article.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 05:58 PM)
I guess they forgot to do their homework. Dwight was interested in UNC, not Duke. He is actually going to take summer classes at UNC and try to get his degree. He can practice with the team I believe, not sure on the rules on that.

Yeah, SI has him going to UNC in their fantasy bracket. Link

Edited by danman31

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 06:15 PM)
Its just odd, Howard wasn't even considering Duke. Its almost like he just pulled it out of his ass.

I think in general you all are taking this a little too seriously. There are quite a few lines in there that struck me as kind of a joke. I don't think it was meant to be super serious, just something to give you a new thought to ponder.