Johnny Cochran Dead

Punch and Judy Garland

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 05:14 PM)
Having trouble getting this reported from a more reputable source but Drudge is carrying it as at least reported. cause of death an "extended illness". Was not aware of said illness.

It's on a local station here, but I know the news people read Drudge, so who knows.

Punching my ticket to hell but

If you don't get fed, you must be dead . . .

Edited by Texsox

"Famed Attorney Johnnie Cochran Dies at 67"

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-03290...-home-headlines

Johnnie L. Cochran, Jr., the masterful attorney who gained prominence as an early advocate for victims of police abuse, then achieved worldwide fame for successfully defending football star O.J. Simpson on murder charges, died this afternoon. He was 67.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 05:14 PM)
Having trouble getting this reported from a more reputable source but Drudge is carrying it as at least reported. cause of death an "extended illness". Was not aware of said illness.

I got a hundred bucks that says Nicole Simpson is waiting for him in hell with that same samurai sword OJ used on her. Eternity is gonna really suck for this guy.

There was a Law and Order where a defense attorney was representing himself and he gave a great closing argument, that changed my mind about defense attorneys.

Our system is based on reasonable doubt. Our system, better than anywhere else in the world keeps innocent people out of jail. When someone is convicted, we know beyond a reasonable doubt that they are guilty. Aren't we fighting a war in part because innocent people were being put into jails?

We sleep better knowing that guys like Johnny Cochran and his ilk are protecting not only their clients, but all of us. By making our law enforcement work within the laws, we all are better off. It is sickening when a guilty person gets away with murder, even worse when an innocent person is locked up for 20 years and later exonerated.

I love this country and this legal system. :usa

QUOTE(Texsox @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 10:10 PM)
There was a Law and Order where a defense attorney was representing himself and he gave a great closing argument, that changed my mind about defense attorneys.

There is something wrong with this country when people are relying on TV shows to depend on how they feel about our justice system.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 11:50 PM)
There is something wrong with this country when people are relying on TV shows to depend on how they feel about our justice system.

No kidding. While I have nothing against defense lawyers in general, Cochran made a fortune off of filing frivilous discrimination lawsuits against corporations. I don't have much respect for people like him.

If we had less rights and protections, we wouldn't need all these lawyers. Get screwed by a large corporation? Too f***ing bad. Fired because you voted for Bush? Too f***ing bad. The cops think you did a crime? Go to jail, too f***ing bad. We need attorneys to buy a house. Why? Find out that the title isn't clear and you lose? Too f***ing bad. Find out a car dealer sold you a lemon of a used car? Too f***ing bad. Faulty product design cost you your eyesight? Too bad.

If people would suck up and admit they lost, and move on, we'd save billions of dollars a year, unclog our courts, and be better off. The government should provide legal counsel on both sides. Once a lawyer is good at winning for the defense, move him to the prosecuting side. You should not be able to hire a "dream team" and get off. All criminal attorneys should work for the government. Why should one side be fielded by $10,000,000 suits and the other with public servants?

If everyone knows you are guilty, we shouldn't even waste time on a trial.