Bruce Levine on the last few spots

Guest JimH

No big surprise here, and alluded to in today's Tribune by KW ...

Levine's take on the last two roster spots is that both Ozuna and Harris will make the team. This is not how I thought it would go but as spring training has unfolded it played out that way.

He didn't talk about the pitching staff but didn't think there'd be any surprises.

14 position guys, 11 pitchers. I see it playing out like this:

Catcher: Pierzynski and Davis

1B: Konerko and Gload

2B: Iguchi and Harris

SS: Uribe

3B: Crede, Ozuna as utility

OF: Podsednik, Rowand, Dye, Perez

DH: Everett

Pitchers: Buehrle, Garcia, Hernandez, Contreras, Garland, Takatsu, Hermanson, Marte, Vizcaino, Politte, Cotts

On the outside looking in: Burke, Widger, Adkins, Walker

Then, the big decision comes when Thomas comes back. As the roster stands, the team is lacking a right handed hitter off the bench. It's very possible they looked at Ozuna and felt he could be a decent righthanded pinch hitter.

We'll see within a week how it shakes out.

QUOTE(JimH @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 05:30 PM)
No big surprise here, and alluded to in today's Tribune by KW ...

Levine's take on the last two roster spots is that both Ozuna and Harris will make the team.  This is not how I thought it would go but as spring training has unfolded it played out that way.

He didn't talk about the pitching staff but didn't think there'd be any surprises.

14 position guys, 11 pitchers.  I see it playing out like this:

Catcher:  Pierzynski and Davis

1B:  Konerko and Gload

2B:  Iguchi and Harris

SS:  Uribe

3B:  Crede, Ozuna as utility

OF:  Podsednik, Rowand, Dye, Perez

DH:  Everett

Pitchers:  Buehrle, Garcia, Hernandez, Contreras, Garland, Takatsu, Hermanson, Marte, Vizcaino, Politte, Cotts

On the outside looking in:  Burke, Widger, Adkins, Walker

Then, the big decision comes when Thomas comes back.  As the roster stands, the team is lacking a right handed hitter off the bench.  It's very possible they looked at Ozuna and felt he could be a decent righthanded pinch hitter.

We'll see within a week how it shakes out.

Adkins ,Borchard, McCarthy & Burke already have been sent down. Wilson Valdez was put on waivers and claimed by the Mets.

Adkins ,Borchard, McCarthy & Burke already have been sent down. Wilson Valdez was put on waivers and claimed by the Mets.

Hadn't heard this, thanks.

Widger hasn't been sent down yet, nor Walker. Interesting.

QUOTE(JimH @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 05:43 PM)
Hadn't heard this, thanks.

Widger hasn't been sent down yet, nor Walker.  Interesting.

No problem ,I'm making the most of my 1 month subscription to Comcast . Once the season starts I have the DirecTV MLB package and will dump the sports package which includes Comcast. :gosox3:

QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 06:53 PM)
No problem ,I'm making the most of my 1 month subscription to Comcast . Once the season starts I have the DirecTV MLB package and will dump the sports package which includes Comcast. :gosox3:

Are you getting the ST games on Comcast? I live outside of Chicago, and when I looked into getting DTV, I was told that the games would be blacked out outisde of Chicago and that I would have to buy the MLB package to get the games.

QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 05:59 PM)
Are you getting the ST games on Comcast?  I live outside of Chicago, and when I looked into getting DTV, I was told that the games would be blacked out outisde of Chicago and that I would have to buy the MLB package to get the games.

Yes I am getting the "live " ST games but for some reason am not getting the rebroadcast. Like right now Comcast is blank because they blackout the rebroadcast of the game. That in itself is rather odd because when I first signed up to Comcast early in ST I saw a rebroadcast. Shortly after that all rebroadcasts have been blacked out.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 06:48 PM)
Timo makes a million bucks. Plus they love him for some reason. Now I realize that one million is not a lot to dump for some-it may be though

Is it worth $1 million to not lose one of our prospects? That's what the Sox will ask themselves.

Bruce LeVineLine was on Comcast SportsNet Chicago today and he said that we should expect the following roster moves tomorrow...

Joe Borchard

Jamie Burke

Kevin Walker

Jon Adkins

LeVineLine also said that Ozzie didn't have the heart to tell Adkins he didnt make the team so he made Kenny do it. So it looks like our 25-man roster for opening day will be:

Rotation:

Buehrle

Garcia

Contreras

El Duque

Garland

Bullpen:

Cotts

Hermanson

Marte

Politte

Shingo