Kruk and Reynolds AL Central Preview from ESPN

maggsmaggs

Kruk, Reynolds

Hitting Tigers, Indians

Fielding Twins, Twins

Starters Indians, Indians

Bullpen Twins, Twins

Team Twins, Indians

-Also there was no mention at all of the Sox or Royals. Ozzie should really show these guys some of this stuff and use all the preview crap as bulletin board material. I like the fact that we are under-the-radar and not mentioned, much less pressure. BTW, the fielding issue bothers me, Torri Hunter is awesome, but the Twins are average at best everywhere else, with Cuddyer and Morneau are pretty bad. The sources for the preview are bad too, Kruk and Reynolds are morons.

QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 12:00 AM)
They are replaying it now.  What is this crap with showing a video game of Pods stealing?  Don't they even have any actual footage?  Of course they have clips of the great Yankee Tony Womack.

Yeah I saw that too. Cyber Sox and Indians.

I see no reason why anyone would pick us in the first place. Every year, mid-season, HR, and kruk pick us to win the division, and every year we collapse like dogs. If I was them, and I kept being wrong with the Sox, I wouldn't pick them either.

Also, the fact that your saying that we play better defense then the Twins is ridiculous.

QUOTE(Butter Parque @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 06:57 AM)
I see no reason why anyone would pick us in the first place. Every year, mid-season, HR, and kruk pick us to win the division, and every year we collapse like dogs. If I was them, and I kept being wrong with the Sox, I wouldn't pick them either.

Also, the fact that your saying that we play better defense then the Twins is ridiculous.

Maybe, but Duke still sucks!

:cheers

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 10:54 PM)
Until the Sox prove them wrong, why are they morons? They haven't picked us the last 3 years and we haven't won.  :huh    Don't be pissed at them for calling us losers, be mad at the team for proving them right.

Dibble picked us last season, now he's gone. Maybe it's a conspiracy :D We totally changed our team. Dropped back in the outfield corners, added a couple question marks at the 3 and 4 starter position, added a never seen in America second baseman, Thomas is on the DL.What's not to like? Obviously we leapfrogged the Twins Both the Twins and the Indians have won the Central since we did it last. You got to beat the man to be the man.

All I do know is I was listening to Mike & Mike on the way to work and they were picking the AL & NL Central. Thankfully Greenie didn't pick the Sox but he is the "Kiss of Death" hehe He picked the Twins and Golic picked Cleveland...being he is from Cleveland not a total stretch to see why...of course though Greenie picked the Scrubs to take the NL...and I believe Golic took St.Louis....FWIW

Does anybody really care that ESPN didn't mention the Sox? WHO CARES! As you guys said before ESPN hates the White Sox, they are East Coast biased and worship the sCrUBS. I remember watching Sportscenter or Baseball Tonight after a Sox win (especially if i missed the game) and even when they win they'll show more highlights of the team that lost and say "Oh yeah and by the way the Chi-Sox win 3-2". It pisses me off. I'm glad they have Comcast Sports Net now. Now I could just watch the highlights in the morning whenever I want.

As far as ESPN is concerened, I hope there is a two team race down the stretch, and I hope its between the Royals and White Sox :gosox1:

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 08:08 AM)
Thanks Ric Flair!!  :bang

If you don't like it, learn to love it. Because its the best thing going. Whhoooo!

I didn't see any of this preview stuff, but hardly mentioning the Sox seems pretty ridiculous. Oh well, f*** em all. :finger

The only real problem I have with any of that is that they don't pick the Twins or Sox for best rotation. It is absolutely laughable when they pick the Indians as the best staff, when they have 1 top of the rotation starter, one starter who had a really good year, but will likely fall, and 3 other guys that are going to get crushed.

Other than that everything looks pretty spot on.

BTW, the fielding issue bothers me, Torri Hunter is awesome, but the Twins are average at best everywhere else, with Cuddyer and Morneau are pretty bad.

Are you on Crack? Morneau, is going to be a f***ing stud. Many have him hitting .300/30/100 This coming year.. and if that is bad.. Please explain what you consider good?

What are we suppose to exepct, ESPN bowing dow and turning into Hawk? Until we actaully do something in the Division there is no reason for any TV/Radio Station to give us "props"

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 12:32 AM)
Are you on Crack? Morneau, is going to be a f***ing stud.  Many have him hitting .300/30/100 This coming year.. and if that is bad.. Please explain what you consider good?

What are we suppose to exepct, ESPN bowing dow and turning into Hawk?  Until we actaully do something in the Division there is no reason for any TV/Radio Station to give us "props"

Morneau will definitely be one of the guys for the Twins who will help them to another division title if he can put up numbers like that. But considering it'll be his 1st full season in the majors, plus after all the injuries and viruses etc. he's had during ST, I don't think he'll hit .300, he's not that good of a contact hitter yet, but power wise 30 HR's and 100 RBI's is certainly viable.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 03:32 PM)
Are you on Crack? Morneau, is going to be a f***ing stud.  Many have him hitting .300/30/100 This coming year.. and if that is bad.. Please explain what you consider good?

He was talking about the Twins fielding - not hitting.

I don't think anyone is questioning Morneau's hitting ability.

Morneau will definitely be one of the guys for the Twins who will help them to another division title if he can put up numbers like that. But considering it'll be his 1st full season in the majors, plus after all the injuries and viruses etc. he's had during ST, I don't think he'll hit .300, he's not that good of a contact hitter yet, but power wise 30 HR's and 100 RBI's is certainly viable.

I was unaware of his injuries this spring training..ANd Maybe .300 a little high But I could see, from the games I watched last year.. Him hitting around .270ish Which is still great if he can get those power numbers...

Not like the dude, who made this post calling JM.."Bad". I am sure there are a number of Sox fans, including myself that would love to have JM at 1st for the next 5-7 years, in a Sox Uniform.

He was talking about the Twins fielding - not hitting.

I don't think anyone is questioning Morneau's hitting ability.

Sorry Midread the post.. The "juice" has not kicked in yet. And Sorry for the Crack post, I reread it, and I saw where he said that. And you are correct JM is nothing to write home about.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 12:46 AM)
I was unaware of his injuries this spring training..ANd Maybe .300 a little high But I could see, from the games I watched last year.. Him hitting around .270ish Which is still great if he can get those power numbers...

Not like the dude, who made this post calling JM.."Bad". I am sure there are a number of Sox fans, including myself that would love to have JM at 1st for the next 5-7 years, in a Sox Uniform.

That all depends on whether he can stay healthy, and how well Morneau hits away from the Dome, Terry Ryan will be very glad he'll have him quite affordable for a while before he hits arbitration.