Those that live in the Chicago area...

Queen Prawn

I just read there was a tornado sighting in Joliet.

I am in Rolling Meadows and will be heading home in about a half hour and it is pitch black out there with a good bit of fork lightening and a bit of thunder (more lightening though).

This ride home should get interesting... :banghead

I'm in a suburb just south of Chicago and it's

Right Now for

McAllen, TX (78504)

Save this Location

On The Spot Weather

Fair

95°F

Feels Like

93°F

Updated Mar 30 05:00 p.m. CT

UV Index: 1 Low

Wind: From NNE at 10 mph

Humidity: 25%

Pressure: 29.66 in.

Dew Point: 54°F

Visibility: 10.0 miles

NEW! 3x Faster Radar Maps

I'm about 10 mins from the Wisconsin border and it is Sunny, but windy as hell. I did watch a front of black clouds blow thru to the south. It is blue skies to the West now.

Edited by SAVVY18

QUOTE(SAVVY18 @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 05:33 PM)
I'm about 10 mins from the Wisconsin border and it is Sunny, but windy as hell.  I did watch a front of black clouds blow thru to the south.  It is blue skies to the West now.

Where? I lived most of my life around Lake County. Last in Wildwood near Gages Lake.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 05:07 PM)
I just read there was a tornado sighting in Joliet.

I am in Rolling Meadows and will be heading home in about a half hour and it is pitch black out there with a good bit of fork lightening and a bit of thunder (more lightening though).

This ride home should get interesting...  :banghead

Like you, I'm in Rolling Meadows. It's pouring/lightning/thundering sporadically. The sky was gray on my way home today. Just hope I don't have to take the dog out tonight.

My grandma out in Morris called to see if I was okay (she's insane, as I live in NY and had the best weather of the year)--but she said they had golf ball sized hail and just crap weather...

We stayed just south of it the entire time which was cool because I got to go outside to watch the lightning. I took my 2 year old out there with me. She really got a kick out of it. It's really neat to see someone that age experience something for the first time.

I left at a good time as it was "inbetween" storms. After I went through the 83rd street toll plaza, all hell broke loose - heavy rain, hail strong winds and lightening.

I got home and no damage to me or the car so I was happy about that.

We went to a wake last night in Homewood and when we left we were hit by round two, this time the Mustang was out in the storm. Luckily the hail didn't damage the Mustang. We had to pull over for a few minutes because we couldn't see a thing in front of us.

Got home in one piece. Thank the Lord.

There was a nasty wreck on I-294 last night when I was coming home from work (all I could see was a truck that was carrying new cars twisted into the ditch). Hope everyone involved in that was okay. :pray