White Sox make 5 roster moves

Jabroni

"White Sox make five roster moves"

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...t=.jsp&c_id=cws

TUCSON, Az. -- Following today's spring training game against Arizona, the Chicago White Sox made the following five roster moves:

Optioned outfielder Joe Borchard and right-handed pitcher Jon Adkins to Triple-A Charlotte;

Reassigned catcher Jamie Burke and right-hander Brandon McCarthy to minor league camp;

Placed right-hander Felix Diaz on the 15-day disabled list (retroactive to March 25) with a right latisimus strain.

With the moves, the White Sox have 28 players remaining in camp.

28 players in camp. 3 more cuts left to be made to the 25-man roster.

Edited by Jabroni

Funny thing. I had heard Walker and Adkins were already demoted.

Adkins is supposed to be in Charlotte along with Bmac. Thomas will be placed on the DL.

The roster is set from what I know. Zuna is the 25th man and Cotts makes the roster as well.

Only question is whether Davis is dealt and Widger replaces him.

I saw Raul Casanova playing today. Does that count?

Casanova was already reassigned to minor-league camp.

Funny thing.  I had heard Walker and Adkins were already demoted. 

Adkins is supposed to be in Charlotte along with Bmac.  Thomas will be placed on the DL.

The roster is set from what I know.  Zuna is the 25th man and Cotts makes the roster as well. 

Only question is whether Davis is dealt and Widger replaces him.

Kevin Walker hasn't been demoted yet. So if there are 28 guys in camp, that leaves Walker, Widger, and ??? Anyone know?

Edited by Jabroni

Walker, Widger, and Frank Thomas is how I understand it.

There is no official press release about Walker being sent down on the main White Sox site, so I believe he's still around.

QUOTE(JimH @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 07:42 PM)
Walker, Widger, and Frank Thomas is how I understand it.

There is no official press release about Walker  being sent down on the main White Sox site, so I believe he's still around.

The way I understand it, he's been told, but who knows. Aside from that the only question is whether Widger or Davis is the guy and it sounds like Davis is the guy.

No way is Neal getting demoted with the way he's pitched. And if the Sox carry another pitcher, then someone has to go and I just don't see who that could be.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 10:32 PM)
The way I understand it, he's been told, but who knows.  Aside from that the only question is whether Widger or Davis is the guy and it sounds like Davis is the guy.

No way is Neal getting demoted with the way he's pitched.  And if the Sox carry another pitcher, then someone has to go and I just don't see who that could be.

Anyone have a listing of who's still with the team that's on the bubble?

QUOTE(Hall of Famer @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 10:38 PM)
The word in the papers today was that there were only 3 guys left in camp without spots, which goes along with this except those 3 were Widger(Or Davis due to recent events), Thomas and Diaz.

Thomas is going on the DL, Either Widger or Davis is going to Charlotte and Diaz is gonna carry their bags. I got it now.

so that means that cotts and walker make it?

I doubt that Walker will make the 25-man opening day roster. Since Buehrle is 100% healthy we will probably just go with 11 pitchers. Here's how I see it...

Rotation:

Buehrle

Garcia

Contreras

El Duque

Garland

Bullpen:

Cotts

Hermanson

Marte

Politte

Takatsu

Vizcaino

Catchers:

Pierzynski

Widger

Infielders:

Crede

Gload

Harris

Iguchi

Konerko

Ozuna

Uribe

Outfielders:

Dye

Everett

Perez

Podsednik

Rowand

Our infield and outfield is stacked with guys that can play this year. That's good to know in case the injury bug hits. When Frank is healthy, I could see Willie being sent down to Charlotte if Ozuna carries his excellent play into the regular season.

Edited by Jabroni