Crede is batting .271 this spring!

Jabroni

Latest News  Mar. 30, 2005 - 8:33 pm et

Joe Crede went 4-for-4 with a home run in today's victory.

Crede's average is up to .271. Sure, eight of his 16 hits have come in two games, but consistency is so overrated.

:headshake

Edited by Jabroni

Rotoworld has a new fan huh qwerty. :P :lol:

Hopefully Crede is starting to get used to his new swing a little better now, I'll gladly take .270, 20 HR's, 70-80 RBI's for him for the season. Whether he can hit for that high of a batting average though, I don't know.

QUOTE(Yossarian @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 02:29 AM)
For all I know almost everyone here has me on ignore. If Crede can hit somewhere in the vicinity on .271 with a little power, then I'll definitely take it.

Yoss -- you certainly aren't on my ignore. We need more objective people such as yourself on the board... :) :cheers

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 09:11 PM)
I'm a Crede backer and have been for a while.  I'm hoping Joe can pull through and I kind of think he's gonna be a large part in why the Sox offense shocks a lot of people and once again is a top 7 offense in baseball.

When he first got here I was hoping he'd be the second coming of Robin Ventura. I think he's got the potential but he really needs to show some people something this season.

Like its been said the over and over again... Crede needs to RELAX and do what got him to this level. Don't be so hard on himself. He has a great work ethic and plays some damn fine defense. I would hate to give up on him but he really needs to break through this season....

QUOTE(Yossarian @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 08:29 PM)
For all I know almost everyone here has me on ignore. If Crede can hit somewhere in the vicinity on .271 with a little power, then I'll definitely take it.

I know how you feel, sometimes you have to wonder if you are being ignored...God knows I have tried to put myself on ignore but it just never seems to work :bang

Edited by EvilJester99

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 08:20 PM)
When he first got here I was hoping he'd be the second coming of Robin Ventura.  I think he's got the potential but he really needs to show some people something this season.

Agree with you on all accounts. This is his make or break year and if things work out for him, he could definately be a special player, but thats going to have to start this year.

I'm talking .265, 20-25, 80 RBI. He's more than capable of it.

I wonder what he's been hitting in the last week or so.

Maybe the first half of spring Joe needed to get the kinks out of his new swing. Yet he certainly has caught fire at the right time. Let's hope he continues it long into the season. Having him hit .270-.280 down in the order with the power he has, would help this offense tremendously

I wonder what he's been hitting in the last week or so.

Maybe the first half of spring Joe needed to get the kinks out of his new swing. Yet he certainly has caught fire at the right time. Let's hope he continues it long into the season. Having him hit .270-.280 down in the order with the power he has, would help this offense tremendously

Hell, I'd settle for his power numbers from last season and a .265 average like Chisoxfn said.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 01:00 PM)
Hell, I'd settle for his power numbers from last season and a .265 average like Chisoxfn said.

Hitting that in the 8th spot, would make this offense pretty solid from top to bottom. Esp. with the guys in front of him on base a lot [AJ-7th, Rowand-6th]. Two .300 hitters batting in front of Joe will give him a lot of RBI chances.

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 09:40 AM)
Walker was on ESPN yesterday, talking about how we should look at Crede's last 15 at-bats to get a grasp on what how offseason prep has worked out. he said that his first 20 he was trying to work out his new mechanics.

I hope he's right. Or He Gone! and then your 2006 third sacker...Josh Fields!

It's funny how on a team thats supposed to be build around speed and defense that our most speedy guy (Harris) and some of our best defensive players (Crede and Harris) seem to be on a short leash. In today's game lack of offensive production at any position gets you benched. Someone like Mark Belanger ( a light hitting, great fielding shortstop of the Orioles great teams of the late 60's to mid 70's) would never make it in today's era of smash mouth baseball.

Fan's dig the homerun , no doubt about it. If u you need proof read yesterday game thread. There was plenty of talk about all the home runs but when Az. was hitting nary a word was said about Adkins pitching or his final line for the day ( 5 innings only 1 hit allowed).

We would all love having great defense combined with great ofense all rolled up in every player at every position but that just aint gonna happen.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 08:43 AM)
Crede could be on a shorter leash this year, especially if they feel good putting Ozuna at third at times and he continues swinging a hot bat.

I was thinking the same thing last night, I think we will see alot of Uribe or Ozuna at third and the other at short. I actually wouldnt mind that lineup, it has alot of speed potential.