Widger??

BlackBetsy

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 11:15 AM)
Let's make this simple for the Burke detractors.  If he holds onto the ball on the Hunter play & Hunter is called out he's the backup C.  What we've learned in the first season of OZ is that OZ never forgets.  If he sees a play which paints you as weak or gutless in his opinion it stays with him.  He never looks at you the same way again.

What your forgetting is that he dropped almost every ball that was ever thrown to him from the outfield before then. I remember last season seeing our guys make almost perfect throws and knowing they'd be lost causes because Burke was behind the plate. I'm sure he's a nice guy but we need the guy with major league experience.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 10:32 AM)
The bottom line is that the powers that be felt the Widger would fit better with the team than Burke or Davis.  I'm sure it's combination of pros and cons that have been weighed.  I don't see what all the consternation over a career minor league non-roster invitee is all about.

Got something else you want to talk about? :D

Let's make this simple for the Burke detractors.  If he holds onto the ball on the Hunter play & Hunter is called out he's the backup C.  What we've learned in the first season of OZ is that OZ never forgets.  If he sees a play which paints you as weak or gutless in his opinion it stays with him.  He never looks at you the same way again. 

You're too smart to really believe this conspiracy theory stuff. Come on.

I have no doubt in my mind that this play had little if anything to do with the decision to send Burke to AAA.

This statement is based on assumptions you are making and has no facts to back it up whatsoever.

Basically what you just said is that if a particular player makes a bad play in the eyes of Ozzie, he holds that against the player for good, which I don't believe for one second.

Sorry but this was just a ridiculous statement to make.

I did not say "bad play". I said in the eyes of OZ what he sees as a "gutless or weak" play. There's a big difference there.

In general I'm exagerating this whole debate to have some fun :) I think Widger edged out Burke because Contreras sucks. He's a wild man capable of throwing away a game w RISP & you need the best glove you have to defend him. If AJ gets hurt during a Contreras w Burke you can mail in the loss but w Widger you still have a chance. What a horrible trade that was.

Edited by JUGGERNAUT