The good news only thread

sox4lifeinPA

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 2, 2005 -> 08:06 PM)
I'm going up to Marquette to check out the university within a few months.

I was there for a visit Friday. It was a really neat campus. I really liked it a lot, but that could be because it was the first college I've visited with interest for myself. (I have tagged along on a few trips with my sisters.) The people there seemed really cool and the sports teams are moving to the Big East next year so that is a positive. It is close to the Bradley Center and Miller Park and is pretty much right in downtown Milwaukee. Plus, I am Catholic so I would fit right in. I hope you have a good time when you're there.

Edited by whitesoxin'

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was chosen to teach the math portion of the ACT Prep Course at Bogan and will be paid an extra $300 to do so, and it will be added to my next CPS paycheck. The course starts next Tuesday and meets three times in both of the next two weeks.

Oh, and Opening Day is Monday, and it's gonna be awesome finally getting to know what it's like to live in the same neighborhood as the Sox play in!!! I can't wait to go to tons of games this year, as well as meeting up with a bunch of you who I have (and haven't) met!!!

Edited by BridgeportHeather

QUOTE(BridgeportHeather @ Apr 2, 2005 -> 11:41 PM)
I was chosen to teach the math portion of the ACT Prep Course at Bogan and will be paid an extra $300 to do so, and it will be added to my next CPS paycheck.  The course starts next Tuesday and meets three times in both of the next two weeks.

Sweet! That will buy a lot of sox tickets! :D

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Apr 2, 2005 -> 10:03 PM)
I was there for a visit Friday. It was a really neat campus. I really liked it a lot, but that could be because it was the first college I've visited with interest for myself. (I have tagged along on a few trips with my sisters.) The people there seemed really cool and the sports teams are moving to the Big East next year so that is a positive. It is close to the Bradley Center and Miller Park and is pretty much right in downtown Milwaukee. Plus, I am Catholic so I would fit right in. I hope you have a good time when you're there.

I thought you meant Lake State for a bit.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Apr 3, 2005 -> 03:03 AM)

It's definitely high on my list, I'm gonna check it out real soon. I'm Catholic too -- just, I went to a public high school.

Illini national championship game tomorrow

White Sox opening day tomorrow

ACLU conference Saturday

Possibly performing at a coffeehouse open mic night Saturday night

I get to register for classes this week and likely get to take 2 electives which is rare for my major/minor since it is so much coursework.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 3, 2005 -> 02:01 PM)
We ought to have another thread, like we did last year, where you can't type anything, you just gotta describe how you're doing with smilies.  It gave me a cheap laugh, last time we did it.

:fyou

im still pissed your gonna be at opening day and I'm not, but when you go visit Marquette let me know, because LP wants me to start visiting. Dont be like P siz and go by yourself...

QUOTE(soxman352000 @ Apr 3, 2005 -> 05:28 PM)
How?

I wrote this kid up for constant socialization during lecture time, as well as counting tons of money on his desk. He had to have at least 20-30 $20 bills total--I kid you not! I'm suspecting he was selling drugs earlier in the day either in the halls or the gym locker room. That's a common occurence.

QUOTE(BridgeportHeather @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 12:45 AM)
I wrote this kid up for constant socialization during lecture time, as well as counting tons of money on his desk.  He had to have at least 20-30 $20 bills total--I kid you not!  I'm suspecting he was selling drugs earlier in the day either in the halls or the gym locker room.  That's a common occurence.

WOW, I'm lucky if I have 20-30$ on me :D. Is there a drug problem in the school?

Moving to Texas in exactly three weeks

Moving out of Indiana in exactly three weeks

My moving expenses are tax-deductible

Moving away gets me out of my gym membership contract and saves me $100

Will be finishing the first draft of my NIH research proposal in 2 1/2 weeks

My wife isn't angry that I've been ignoring her and doing nothing but reading scientific literature for the past two weeks

Threw a party last night and got to see lots of old friends

Opening Day and NCAA Championship game tomorrow

Edited by TheBigHurt35

QUOTE(soxman352000 @ Apr 3, 2005 -> 08:27 PM)
WOW, I'm lucky if I have 20-30$ on me  :D. Is there a drug problem in the school?

Yep. But it's becoming problematic among high schools all around the immediate proximity (Englewood, Morgan Park, and Gage Park are having problems too, not to mention other schools...).

QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ Apr 3, 2005 -> 11:58 PM)
Opening Day is Today!!!!!!!!!! :headbang      :headbang    :headbang    :headbang

edit: it really is, they must not have changed the clocks yet  :D

Opening day is even closer now then it was when you posted that :P :headbang :headbang :headbang

Edited by Rowand44