Jimenez

BrandoFan

Forget about his 1000 OPS, the thing that surprises me is just how many hard outs (line-outs, etc) the dude makes- that game in Cleveland alone (oh fer) he could have been 3 or 4 for 4 just as easily. Even if half of those outs (must be 8-10 by now easily) get by, he leads the league in hitting...I know it's early but right now he is looking much better than anyone expected, though the saem thing can be said about Valentin and Graffanino as well.

Defense has been very solid and base-running above average. Considering he is making next to league minimum, not a bad deal for Kenny. (In fact, Glover, Cotts, Olivo, Diaz, Dabach, Loaiza, Rios, D.Wells and Alomar deals weren't all that bad now that I think of it. If we can only wipe out the Ritchie Fiasco out of our collective head, KW has been one of the best GMs in AL in the last 2 years. You can't fault him if Reinsdork doesn't want to expand the payroll beyond 55-60 Mill....)

His swing looks a lot like Robby Alomar's. If he became as good a hitter, as good a fielder, and as good a baserunner as Robby Alomar....soemthing tells me we got a helluva prospect on our hands.

Forget about him being a "prospect". He is a 25-yo major league constributor, not Borchard-esque rookie.

He will have to lose about 20 pounds to be as fast as Alomar as well as spend a lot of time with Jose Valentin learning the art of base-running, something is doubtful considering what we know of DJ's "attitute problems". He may not be as good a hitter as Alomar but neither was Ray-ray.

As far as fielding, he is somewhere between Alomar and Durham, and will prbably stay there unless he makes it a special goal to be really good defensively. Even then, he won't be as good IMO, but might come close.

Guest hotsoxchick1

his bat may be good but him and jose in the midinfield are a very scarry pair.............its like watching the stooges minus one.........not something i want to get used to seeing.....one good thing you can say is ray and jose had chemistry and worked well together.. i can only hope that jimenez and jose can find that same thing and run with it..........otherwise its gonna be a long season watching balls go into the outfield..........

dj is locked in right now..he is hitting everything , hits and outs, hard..lets wait till he cools off and hits a stretch of o'fers and see how he reacts..when that happened in san deigo he made royce clayton like cal ripken when it came being a team player....dj can can sulk and act like a baby when things dont go his way...id like to see play a sold season before we annoint him the next robbie alomar..though he does have robbie's personality :lol:

He makes everything look effortless.

Where do you draw the line between "effortless" and "indifferent" or downright "lazy", though? There has to be a reason why he basically sucked while playing in SD.

That was a great trade by KW

Agreed, it was a great trade precisely because DJ wasn't a guranteed commodity and we were giving up the AA All-Star Home-run Derby champ in Alex Fernandez...it worked in our favor to say the least. Could prove to be the trade of the year if Sox make playoffs and DJ mellows out in the clubhouse.

The only thing I wished Kenny would do differently is get Adam Piatt for Ray Durham. That kid is underachiver to say the least, but if Kenny pressed, A's might have given in. Afterall they traded away Carlos Pena, Jesus Colome, Corey Lidle, etc.

He makes everything look effortless.

Where do you draw the line between "effortless" and "indifferent" or downright "lazy", though? There has to be a reason why he basically sucked while playing in SD.

That was a great trade by KW

Agreed, it was a great trade precisely because DJ wasn't a guranteed commodity and we were giving up the AA All-Star Home-run Derby champ in Alex Fernandez...it worked in our favor to say the least. Could prove to be the trade of the year if Sox make playoffs and DJ mellows out in the clubhouse.

The only thing I wished Kenny would do differently is get Adam Piatt for Ray Durham. That kid is underachiver to say the least, but if Kenny pressed, A's might have given in. Afterall they traded away Carlos Pena, Jesus Colome, Corey Lidle, etc.

When was Colome still with Oakland, and who was he traded for to the D-Rays. :huh:

D'Angelo has really impressed me so far. He has done everything that has been asked of him. He has taken pitches and hit the ball hard consistantly. He has done an adaquate job in the field as well.

But that being said, after hearing stories about his attitude, I am curious how he will handle some adversity.

If he keeps it up, there will be no adversity, he will become a star. Sox Fans, I have a call to action. Vote him onto the AL All Star Team! I know this may be a stretch but he deserves it. (from what I have seen so far)