Pope John Paul has died

YASNY

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 1, 2005 -> 12:53 PM)
WTF, the media blows, such a bad blunder.

Not really. It could have happened, but the Vatican might want to get itself together first and actually annouce it to the world. I would think that they might wish to pass the word on rather than have the casualty vampires of the media running around.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Apr 1, 2005 -> 06:57 PM)
Not really. It could have happened, but the Vatican might want to get itself together first and actually annouce it to the world. I would think that they might wish to pass the word on rather than have the casualty vampires of the media running around.

the vatican is denying he's dead.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 1, 2005 -> 12:58 PM)
the vatican is denying he's dead.

Yes, I know. But they could be just covering it up for the time being. Heck, people believed George Burns had been dead for sometime before it was announced. Granted, that was so they could say he made it to 100. But if some reporter got the news, and the Vatican didn't want it out yet, they could just say "no, he's still with us" while they do it their way.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Apr 1, 2005 -> 07:02 PM)
Yes, I know. But they could be just covering it up for the time being. Heck, people believed George Burns had been dead for sometime before it was announced. Granted, that was so they could say he made it to 100. But if some reporter got the news, and the Vatican didn't want it out yet, they could just say "no, he's still with us" while they do it their way.

Are you saying the heads of the Catholic church are lying??

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 1, 2005 -> 01:07 PM)
Are you saying the heads of the Catholic church are lying??

LOL! Oops, yeah...um...that would probably fall in those 10 Commandments, wouldn't it? I think if they are, they are just protecting their own in a way. I'm not saying that they are or aren't though, I'm just saying how the media could have made the announcement without the Vaticans O.K. and the Vatican would just like it not done how it was.

It is all a moot point, kind of.

Wow, RIP

I went to catholic school for 12 years and this is my first year out of it.

Last year, we looked at the process of choosing a new pope, our teacher was kind of preparing us for it.

The process is all kind of medieval as far as i understand it.

But, the world lost a great one today.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Apr 1, 2005 -> 01:14 PM)
Wow, RIP

Last year, we looked at the process of choosing a new pope, our teacher was kind of preparing us for it. 

Not yet.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Apr 1, 2005 -> 07:14 PM)
Wow, RIP

He is still alive, although death looks iminent

A few minutes ago, I went out to grab a bite to eat. My radio was preset at a station that was carrying Coast to Coast AM with George Noory. His guest was a prophetic priest, Father Andrew Wingate. They were talking about the Pope, but I didn't listen long enough to pick up the point of the conversation, so I went to the shows website to see what they had been talking about.

Papal Prophecy Update

During his 3/16/05 appearance on Coast, Father Andrew Wingate shared prophetic visions regarding Pope John Paul II. On that show, Wingate predicted the Pope will be cured of a serious illness.

Despite the recent reports coming from the Vatican of the Pope's failing health, Wingate believes the Pope's death is not imminent. During the first hour of Friday's show, he said the Pope would be cured by a group of mystics who will travel to Rome and become important figures in the church. If the Pope does pass away, however, Wingate said he would "have to reevaluate many things."

I just thought I'd put this out here. In case the Pope does recover, this would be quite extraordinary.

Released from the Vatican:

"The Holy Father died this evening at 9:37 p.m. (2:37 p.m. EST) in his private apartment. All the procedures outlined in the apostolic Constitution `Universi Dominici Gregis' that was written by John Paul II on Feb. 22, 1996, have been put in motion."

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 2, 2005 -> 05:39 AM)
A few minutes ago, I went out to grab a bite to eat.  My radio was preset at a station that was carrying Coast to Coast AM with George Noory. His guest was a prophetic priest, Father Andrew Wingate.  They were talking about the Pope, but I didn't listen long enough to pick up the point of the conversation, so I went to the shows website to see what they had been talking about.

I just thought I'd put this out here.  In case the Pope does recover, this would be quite extraordinary.

I guess that guy needs to start re-evaluating.

R.I.P. John Paul II

I'm not trying to start anything here, but to me the pope is more of an icon now. Sort of like the Queen of England in a way. Sure the pope has a strong impact, but it's more of a symbol in my opinion. But I'm Lutheran, not Catholic.