Sin City

Brian

Went and caught the first showing this afternoon and thought it was terrific. The look, the dialogue, the story, all great.

Also loved the way the violence and gore was handled.

I'm not usually a Robert Rodruigez fan, accept for the first "From Dusk Til Dawn".

just got back. very good film. imo, didn't quite live up to the hype (what does anymore), but still that doesn't take away much from it. wasn't expecting it to be as graphic as it was (i heart jaime king & carla gugino :wub: :lol: ) but for the most part wasn't too bad...

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ Apr 1, 2005 -> 11:05 PM)
As I watched the Whole movie.....I don't really think there was one F-word through out it. :huh

no real cussing that i remember either. some parts made up for that though... :lol:

Edited by Goldmember

QUOTE(shagar69 @ Apr 2, 2005 -> 12:22 AM)
thanks but when i click the links the pics dont show up just some frog and some other s***, lol. How do i view them

Go here. http://www.deansplanet.com/celeb_pics-old.html

There are about twleve of the but you have to sort though some other pictures. But it is worth is considering there are a s*** load of other hot women too. There are some sin city wall papers too.

Here is one.

Edited by qwerty

I think this perfectly captures how great this film was...

This is a portion of Harry Knowles' review from aintitcool.com

Describing Mickey Rourke as "Marv":

Mickey Rourke and Greg Nicotero’s MARV is something out of the inky black type of a pulp page. The sort of low vulgar brute of a man. The sort that’d populate the nightmares of Mike Mazurki, Harold Sakata and William Smith. He’s the Id Monster’s worst nightmare. A beast of a man carved out of concrete and steel dreaming of silky flesh and honey dipped hair. When he roars out dialogue, be it verbally or mentally – he’s a Harley revving up for a rumble. I can’t even begin to do it justice. As perfect as Rathbone’s Holmes, as Olivier’s Hamlet, as Connery’s Bond. It’s a part so iconic that his image is sledge hammered into importance. You can shoot him, run over him, stick him, electrocute him and he’ll just keep coming. He’s the Mutherf***er of Mutherf***ers, the baddest of the bad and the coolest of the cool. He lumbers like Baryshnikov danced. He’s as subtle as a tsunami. He’s a character we must see more of. I could watch 20 films of that guy. He’s amazing to watch. Just amazing. How great is he? Carla Gugino is breathtakingly bare ass naked with the finest cinematic rack of joy in quite some time… and you’ll be watching Marv. Why? Cuz every second on screen, you’re convinced that at any moment, he’ll reach off that screen, grab you by the scruff of the neck and Notre Dame ya like a farm-bred chicken plump and ready to serve.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

This film grabs you by the balls, shakes you for two hours and then buys you a beer!

:headbang

Full review here

Edited by RibbieRubarb