Sox vs Brewers Friday night

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BMac, your plane is now boarding.

Actually, Contreras wasn't as bad as his box score shows. Iguchi should have thrown a guy out easily at 3rd but instead he went brain-dead and the guy got a triple. The pitch Contreras threw to Spivey to serve up a bomb was awful though. I think Contreras ended with 5 strikeouts in 4 innings.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 2, 2005 -> 02:32 AM)
Actually, Contreras wasn't as bad as his box score shows.  Iguchi should have thrown a guy out easily at 3rd but instead he went brain-dead and the guy got a triple.  The pitch Contreras threw to Spivey to serve up a bomb was awful though.  I think Contreras ended with 5 strikeouts in 4 innings.

I hope you are right, we need him this year.

On another note, did Carlos charge the mound yet? I just got home :D

Ozuna laces a 2-out double down the LF line. He's great.

Hawk said that Ozuna is on pace to break the White Sox record for highest batting average in Spring Training with a minimum of 40 plate appearances. The record is from 1969.

Edited by Jabroni

Harris, brutal vs. lefties.  He has zero confidence against them.  It's obvious.

Willie should be sent down. He hasn't shown anything at the plate this spring. Since Ozuna can play 2B, SS, 3B, and the OF we have no use for Willie and his never ending, weakass ground-outs. I think he's hitting .229 (11 for 48) this spring. :puke

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 2, 2005 -> 02:57 AM)
Willie should be sent down.  He hasn't shown anything at the plate this spring.  Since Ozuna can play 2B, SS, 3B, and the OF we have no use for Willie and his never ending, weakass ground-outs.

I'll always find room for a guy with a .366 OBP vs. righties...

I'll always find room for a guy with a .366 OBP vs. righties...

Yeah, but right now he's playing like a 26th man, especially with the way Ozuna is playing. Ozuna almost makes Willie a waste of a roster spot. I wouldn't be surprised if Willie is one of the cuts, along with Kevin Walker.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 2, 2005 -> 03:02 AM)
Yeah, but right now he's playing like a 26th man, especially with the way Ozuna is playing.  Ozuna almost makes Willie a waste of a roster spot.  I wouldn't be surprised if Willie is one of the cuts, along with Kevin Walker.

Well, I'd hope Kenny is smart enough to keep a guy who's a pretty good asset when used right -- and, a pretty damn good defensive player too.

What a play by Widger. Nice grab!

How is Harris gonna be cut?

Widger

AJ

Konerko

Gload

Iguchi

Uribe

Crede

Harris

Ozuna

Dye

Rowand

Pods

Everett

Perez

Buehrle

Garcia

Garland

Hernandez

Contreras

Takatsu

Marte

Vizcaino

Hermanson

Politte

Cotts

Thomas on DL -- or, not part of the 25 men, with Timo (hopefully, but maybe Harris) going down when he gets back.