Rosters

Bullard

QUOTE(danman31 @ Apr 2, 2005 -> 10:03 AM)
I remember hearing Yofu got signed by some other team. I want to say the Yankees for some reason.

He was pitching with the Sox in spring?? I saw him pitch a game against Arizona. Although I have been netless os maybe something happened the past few days.

Bulls, mega thanks for this info. Sorry to hear you back in Bham, but hopefully the stay is short and soon enough you'll be in Charlotte. Its cool that your gonna be the opening day starter though.

Bulls :cheers

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Apr 2, 2005 -> 11:44 PM)
I think the bullpen is where he belongs.  I can't recall his numbers last year. As far as I could tell, he had recovered just fine last year in Charlotte.  Don't be fooled by the one start in Chicago.

Unless he learns another pitch or two, he is a bullpen guy all of the way. Now looking at the way Neal has pitched out of the pen, it looks like Arnie could be successful as is.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 11:28 PM)
Unless he learns another pitch or two, he is a bullpen guy all of the way.  Now looking at the way Neal has pitched out of the pen, it looks like Arnie could be successful as is.

That curveball is definitely his big pitch, although quickman would think otherwise. :lol:

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 07:52 AM)
That curveball is definitely his big pitch, although quickman would think otherwise.  :lol:

I learned one thing after meeting him this weekend in MIL, don't ask about Willie, :lol:

Seriously though, Jim and Quick were great to meet and hang out with. I definately can't wait to do it again.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 12:00 AM)
I learned one thing after meeting him this weekend in MIL, don't ask about Willie, :lol:

Seriously though, Jim and Quick were great to meet and hang out with.  I definately can't wait to do it again.

I bet you heard a few back and forth baseball arguments with those two. Really cool you got to meet them and possibly others in MIL. :)

I bet you heard a few back and forth baseball arguments with those two. Really cool you got to meet them and possibly others in MIL.  :)

Believe it or not we were on our best behavior :D

We stopped at 3 Wisconsin liquor stores and between the two of us brought back about $100 worth of cheap beer. Unbelieveable :drink

It should be interesting to see if Jenks can figure things out (mentally) and just how back his stuff is. I just remember seeing him in the Angels system and wow was he amazing (stuff wise).

Also kind of cool to see Corwin back. Sounds like he really worked hard this time around and hopefully he can stay healthy and get himself back on the path to US Cell.

And personally I'm pumped about Young moving on up to Bham, but I think he may just struggle simply because he's still working on hitting the breaking pitch.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 02:22 AM)
Another name I didn't see is Thomas Brice.  Is he headed back to Winston as well?

IIRC I thought he was headed to B-Ham, but with Young and Sweeney up there, he may have to possibly DH.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 09:06 PM)
For the record, the Barons posted their official roster on their website, and it was exactly how Bullard said it would be. Not that he would be wrong, but there could have been last minute changes I suppose.

And knowing is half the battle..

Thanks Bull :)

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 10:51 AM)
Brice is not on Bham's roster.

Ok thanks for clearing that up Rex. That's disappointing for Tom, especially after he made their playoff roster last season. Another hot start like he did in Kanny last season, and he'll could be up with the Barons sooner rather than later, depending on what happens with the outfielders up there.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 09:44 PM)
Ok thanks for clearing that up Rex. That's disappointing for Tom, especially after he made their playoff roster last season. Another hot start like he did in Kanny last season, and he'll could be up with the Barons sooner rather than later, depending on what happens with the outfielders up there.

Good luck cracking that OF. Owens, Sweeney, Young. All legit prospects. That's why Brice is still in W-S.

Supposedly Spidale is gonna start the year on the DL. I think I heard Rex say it somewhere and then I heard it from another person too.

But looking at the Knights outfield Spidale may have some trouble, even though I think he should be playing every day.