April 2005 Quotes of the Month

YASNY

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 09:23 PM)
Hating Duke is a tradition for me -- much like the UIUC football team having no front seven or Pierre Pierce getting charged with sexual assault.

Classic and all too true for many of us! :cheers

Edited by danman31

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 11:31 PM)
I just have a chart near the door. I randomly change the color of said chart to give my outdated electronics a false sense of security.

from the home security system thread.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 08:05 AM)
ChiSoxy, isn't some of this more a linguistic issue than a sex act definition?

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 08:49 AM)
I agree.

These kids seem like Cunning Linguists!

:D

:cheers :P :notworthy

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 01:53 AM)

hmm, not sure how to respond to this story...

ok, here goes my effort...

If you let someone into your house named "Fat Daddy", you shouldnt really expect much normalcy in the visit.

In the Star Wars thread concerning people lining up 46 days before the movie opens:

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 09:00 AM)
Do any of these people have jobs?  Families?  Responsibilites?  Anything?

QUOTE(mreye @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 09:05 AM)
Families? They're all virgins! :lol:

The Critic's contributions to all message boards of teams who are suffering from closer collapses.

__________ (closer's name)SUCKS AND ________ (manager's name) IS AN IDIOT FOR NOT GETTING HIM OUT OF THERE BEFORE HE BLEW THE SAVE!!!!!! IF _______(team name) DON'T GET THEIR HEADS OUT OF THEIR ASSES, THEY'RE GONNA FINISH IN LAST PLACE!!!!!!

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 04:11 PM)
Without question it's C Lee.  I witnessed his talent as a CubKilla in person both at the Cell & at Wrigley.  I will always think of Carlos when they play the chi-town series.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 04:14 PM)
:o A jugger post without numbers :o

QUOTE(Be Good @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 09:50 PM)
And also the the thing that tells the time doesn't  come on anymore.

QUOTE(mreye @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 09:07 AM)
Isn't this usually called a clock?

:drink

A huuge left turn from the Vida Guerera Cell Phone thread. I nominate TRU's quote, mine just set it up.

My question to Flippedoutpunk (stolen from Family Guy).

QUOTE(me @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 01:57 AM)
So, do you whore yourself out to 1,000 fat chicks for 50 bucks a-piece, or 50 really fat chicks for 1,000 bucks a-piece?

QUOTE(T R U @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 05:54 PM)
flips been dissapointing more fat women than Jenny Craig since 1984

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Apr 17, 2005 -> 10:26 AM)
137 have 1,000 posts

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Apr 17, 2005 -> 03:43 PM)
And Southsider has the rest.

It's got everything. Humor and a poke at Southsider, the McDonalds of posters. Over 1 billion served. :D

Just a post to remember some of this great run by the Sox, from Gettysburg32

This team is simply a hilarious riot right now, how could you not get wrapped up in it and just grab a beer and enjoy it?  That feeling is best summed up by southsider's post, I completly agree with him.  Just look at the last three games. 

Saturday, after scoring two quick runs and getting a 2-1 lead, Zach Grienke shuts us down for his next six innings.  Joe Crede extended his hitting streak to 14 games (which is funny enough on its own).  Then the Royals score one in the 8th, and could've scored more.  KC loads the bases in the 9th with 1 out, Marte somehow gets out of it.  In the 10th, AJ, Uribe, and Rowand ducksnort and scratch their way to the GW run.  We left 12 men on base, Contreras had to leave the game in the 4th inning, PK was 0/4, Carl was 0/5, AJ was 0/4 but scored 2 runs, SOX WIN!

Sunday, we should've scored about 7 runs in the first 2 innings, instead it's only 2-0, and KC takes the lead 3-2 in the 7th.  In the top of the 8th, Willie starts the rally, PK and ARow get hits, and the Pablo doubles for the go ahead RBI.  Cotts gets the win, Shingo gets the save.  Ozzie finishes the game with Pablo at 1st, but Pablo makes the defensive play of the game in the 9th.  The Sox commit 4 errors, get 2 hits through the 1st 7 innings off of Danny Bautista, I repeat, Danny Bautista.  El Duque throws about 350 pitches in 5 innings.  Ozzie said, "It was poor pitching, poor defense and real bad offense."  But, SOX WIN!

Monday, Barry Zito comes into the night 0-3 & with a Shingo-like ERA, but magically regains his Cy Young form for the first six innings.  Jon Garland is throwing a career game though, and its 0-0 in the 7th.  Chris Widger hadn't hit a ML HR since AUGUST 9th, 2000.  So last night, he takes Zito deep and gone to left for a 2-0 lead, AJ goes and gets the HR ball from a fan and gives it to his substitute Widger, and the Sox keep going for a 6-0 win.  Ozuna is 2/3 w/ 2 runs.  Garland goes the CG, retiring the last 13 straight A's, and is 4-0.  Once again for effect, Zito is 0-4, Garland is 4-0.  SOX WIN!

So in the last three days, Pablo, Widger, Crede, Willie, PK, Rowand, AJ, Carl, Uribe, Pods, Cotts, Vizcaino, Shingo, Marte, El Duque, and Garland have all been heroes at various points, and for better or for worse, our manager went on a expletive-filled tirade against a former player.  The Sox have now won 8 in a row, and are now at 16-4 (.800), and 5 games ahead of Minnesota.  Why complain about anything right now?  Everyone saying, "it's a long season, blah blah blah troubles me, or blah blah blah will come back and bite us, or blah blah blah Ozzie better learn," could very well be proven right, but they're also right in saying it's a long season, so therefore IMHO there will be plenty of occasion throughout this long season to get back to complaining, right now, THIS IS TOO MUCH FUN!

:drink  :gosox3:  :lolhitting  :gosox3:

From southsideirish71 on signs that US Celluar is trying to copy Wrigley Field

And because he is a fetus and doesnt realize that before the Cell there was another Comiskey park, and by god it had Green seats also. Maybe back in the day, we were just copying urine field. Its all a plot by the soutsiders to try and get that bad baseball park feeling.

Now here are the signs if were were copying the dump known as Wrigley.

1.) If we were to replace our urinals with big metal tubs, so everyone can pee in a tub like at wrigley.

2.) If we were to tear up our nice field's drainage system and put one that doesnt drain. Then make sure that any ran can flood the field like crazy.

3.) Remove Southpaw and replace him with the first homeless man we can find and tell him to yell WOO all the time.

4.) Eliminate all of the parking, so we can park illegally and pee in peoples back yards after the game.

5.) Remove the nice field replace it with a field that the center field is slighly higher than the plate. T

6.) Cut the dugouts in half and make a maze so that the players get dizzy trying to get to the field.

7.) Make everynight half price nice, and discount the beer by 70 percent to guarentee that everyone is blitzed by the 6th inning.