Sox v. Brewers Pre-Season Finale 4/2/05

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 2, 2005 -> 04:09 PM)
Oh okay.  I guess I missed where Garland did this exact same thing almost every start last season. :rolly

I haven't been able to keep close tabs so far today (house detail :ph34r: ). Just curious - did he give up the long ball on a fastball to their most dangerous hitter with 2 on. Or did Carlos get under a sinker - oops - just heard it was a change-up. :headshake. Could there be any reason to throw anything in strike zone in that situation other than a sinker. Sheesh.

I haven't been able to keep close tabs so far today (house detail :ph34r: ).  Just curious - did he give up the long ball on a fastball to their most dangerous hitter with 2 on.  Or did Carlos get under a sinker - oops - just heard it was a change-up.  :headshake.  Could there be any reason to throw anything in strike zone in that situation other than a sinker.  Sheesh.

I fear Garland when he has runners on. Contreras is even worse with runners on. He loses his head.

MRKARNO -- he's got the 1917 blogspot. 

Good guy, pretty smart, too.

Yeah, I laughed at him because he defends Bonds at all costs and says he didn't take steroids. That's doesn't seem "pretty smart" to me. Come on...

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 2, 2005 -> 08:19 PM)
Yeah, I laughed at him because he defends Bonds at all costs and says he didn't take steroids.  That's doesn't seem "pretty smart" to me.  Come on...

He never said Bonds didn't take steroids.

He said until hard proof came out, he wasn't going to make a judgement on that. Which is cool in my book, and a lot different than calling him a 'moron'. Laughing, and calling one a moron, two different things.

JJ Hardy is gonna be good.

He never said Bonds didn't take steroids.

He said until hard proof came out, he wasn't going to make a judgement on that.  Which is cool in my book, and a lot different than calling him a 'moron'.  Laughing, and calling one a moron, two different things.

JJ Hardy is gonna be good.

Well, telling someone that they post too much when they are doing play-by-play IS being a moron. Okay, thanks.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 2, 2005 -> 04:17 PM)
I fear Garland when he has runners on.  Contreras is even worse with runners on.  He loses his head.

Couldn't agree more. With that sinker of his, Garland should be breaking a lot of spirits with double play balls. I may be thick headed, but I still haven't given up hope he will 'get there'. I think Contreras is a lot futher away from handling a 'runners on' situation. :unsure: Thanks for the PBP by the way.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 2, 2005 -> 08:25 PM)
Well, telling someone that they post too much when they are doing play-by-play IS being a moron.  Okay, thanks.

Like I said, I don't mind your PBP. But, threads like, "Podsednik Enjoys Trip Back to Miller" are pretty dumb -- and pretty obvious, but that's my opinion. I'm sure others like your posting of articles posted at WS.com, but like I said, just my opinion. You certainly don't have to take anything from it.

Like I said, I don't mind your PBP.  But, threads like, "Podsednik Enjoys Trip Back to Miller" are pretty dumb -- and pretty obvious, but that's my opinion.  I'm sure others like your posting of articles posted at WS.com, but like I said, just my opinion.  You certainly don't have to take anything from it.

How about, don't f***ing read the thread then? Or put me on ignore? Do you need some money to buy a clue?

My bad.

I described it as a cheap shot, it wasn't. They were in a run-down of sorts, Iguchi was running the guy back to first, he threw to first with all of his momentum headed towards first, and the guy who was in the basepaths leaned towards second, and had to put his shoulder/head down to protect himself.

Clean play, and hopefully both Iguchi and Magruder are OK.