Sox v. Brewers Pre-Season Finale 4/2/05

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 2, 2005 -> 08:32 PM)
How about, don't f***ing read the thread then?  Or put me on ignore?  Do you need some money to buy a clue?

Like I said, it's an opinion. You don't have to take anything from it, apparently, though, it's gotten to you...

I apologize to 3E8, and other following the thread. My petty arguments are probably pissing a lot of people off.

Like I said, it's an opinion.  You don't have to take anything from it, apparently, though, it's gotten to you...

I apologize to 3E8, and other following the thread.  My petty arguments are probably pissing a lot of people off.

Okay, thanks. Back to the play-by-play...

I know it's Spring Training too, but Garland does have a tendency to give up the 3 run jack too often. I watched the characters on ESPN BBTN Thursday evening and Brantley made the comment about the Sox pitching being Jekyll and Hyde. You never know what you will have from game to game. I hope the so called experts are wrong. It's a long season for sure and I think I am more concerned about the bullpen. Just happy for the season to satrt though and cheer the Sox on hopefully to a winning season.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Apr 2, 2005 -> 08:38 PM)
I know it's Spring Training too, but Garland does have a tendency to give up the 3 run jack too often. I watched the characters on ESPN BBTN Thursday evening and Brantley made the comment about the Sox pitching being Jekyll and Hyde. You never know what you will have from game to game. I hope the so called experts are wrong. It's a long season for sure and I think I am more concerned about the bullpen. Just happy for the season to satrt though and cheer the Sox on hopefully to a winning season.

I wouldn't put too much stock into what the jag offs at BBTN say. They barely see any of our games or know much about our team. 90% of the people on these boards know more about our team than guys like Brantley do.

I don't know how he can say our pitching staff is like "Jekyll and Hyde" when we have made quite a few changes to it and we haven't even played a series in the regular season yet.

Anyways, I think our staff will be solid this year and surprise quite a few people.

Crede with a 2-out single to CF. Crede is 2 for 3 today. :o

Pedro Lopez in to run for Crede. Uribe up. DJ said that Uribe was "crunching" balls out of Miller Park in batting practice.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Apr 2, 2005 -> 08:47 PM)
I wouldn't put too much stock into what the jag offs at BBTN say.  They barely see any of our games or know much about our team.  90% of the people on these boards know more about our team than guys like Brantley do. 

I don't know how he can say our pitching staff is like "Jekyll and Hyde" when we have made quite a few changes to it and we haven't even played a series in the regular season yet. 

Anyways, I think our staff will be solid this year and surprise quite a few people.

That's what I am banking on too. I think we have heard from time to time how certain pitchers use ST to concentrate of one part of their game plan. Pitch inside, use both sides of the plate, improve on a certain pitch, etc, so I would think you are not going to see season like quality every game, except with Buerhle who I think is a Cy Young type pitcher. I also agree with your analysis of BBTN dudes.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Apr 2, 2005 -> 08:47 PM)
I wouldn't put too much stock into what the jag offs at BBTN say.  They barely see any of our games or know much about our team.  90% of the people on these boards know more about our team than guys like Brantley do. 

Good post, SFF.

Kruk and Reynolds also said that Dodgers would finish last in the NL West, and that the Cubs have the best bullpen in the NL Central. I used to love to see us talked about on shows like BBTN, but much of what they say is garbage. I can't believe they get payed so much money to spew the crap that they do.

I think Kurkjian is alright, but after that... :puke

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 2, 2005 -> 04:58 PM)
Can someone else do play-by-play?  I gotta go.  Thanks and later...

I've been sort of following. I think there are runners on the corners with 1 out in the bottom of the 7th. Politte just fanned Mcgruder for the out.